Painful

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok I will be post op 3 weeks Thursday. I’m feeling pretty good. Only thing I notice now is soooo tired still lack energy. Also every time I have a bowel movement I have this super super sharp pain that makes me clench up off the toilet. It the worst pain ever! Will both of these pass! Particularly the sharp pain! 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If you’ve had a general anaesthetic it takes some time for it work through and out of your system. Also it’s major surgery, your body has had a shock and needs time to heal. Some of the deep inside stitches take up to a year to dissolve. The tiredness will go the quicker if you rest but it does go. It’s worth mentioning the sharp pain to your GP/nurse. It’s early days and may disappear but the pain sounds nasty and worth checking to get something to help. Good luck and keep us posted 😄👍🏻

• Posted

It's way to early to worry about little niggles.

It will take at least 12 wks to feel yourself.

You have had major surgery and need rest.

You will be tired for !any weeks,that's inevitable,you have had surgery.

Are you taking stool softeners,if not get some movicol for easy soft elimination.

I had surgery in January and I still take them. They Are very safe not like laxatives .

Rest easy hunx

• Posted

Also if recommend seeing your consultant not gp/nurse as they don't know what was done in theatre.

Your consultant is the person to see if any worries. Th at s there job hunx

• Posted

I have been taking stool softeners docolax. Sometimes those don’t even work then I’m forced to take a laxative. I’ve heard about the bowel pain and or bladder pain. Although I was under the impression that it would subside. Being as I’m 3 weeks post op. It has not at all yet tho. It makes me not want to use the bathroom cause like I said once that sharp pain comes it makes it were I clenched up and can’t pass cause it hurts so bad. I did have a laparoscopy I think that’s right the 5 incisions or maybe in was the davinchi. Either way I read that there was a possibility and also the most common that with that surgery your bowel can be knicked.. what would happen if that was the case? Everything else seems to being making progress in my healing besides that... sad very discouraging Thanks for your responses always helpful when someone can relate. I have another post op appointment on 3 weeks that will put me at 6 weeks and he is suppose to do a internal exam to check inside all well as the anterior vaginal wall repair I had he also said that he removed all and any visible endometriosis that he found. 
    • Posted

If your bowel was k nicked in sure you would know about it.

I had a vaginal hyster so may be slightly different approach but same recovery.

If you try movicol im.certain you will not have problem goi n for a poo.

I've not had any issue with bowel or bladder but im.paranoid about the anterior repair failing again. My first one last 1 month and I really did just rest for 8 weeks. I had my amazing proff this time and can't sing his praises enough. I feel.I want to hug him sometimes lol but of course I cant.

I do have mild back wall weakness and can't poo without movicol. I won't live with this if I can get it sorted. My proff won't do.all 3 toge t for fear of scarring and painful sex through vagina too small.

I'm guided by him.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.