painful and jumpy muscles

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi ladies,

have any of you developed painful and jumpy muscles, mainly in the legs? I have had the weak legs and arms at times but not so painful. it's mostly in my upper legs and is sore to the touch. it feels like I have run a marathon or done 50 squats. very annoying and frustrating to say the least. hugs to all?🙂

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susane - I haven’t experienced that symptom per se, but what I get aside from (many things) is I have the incredible extreme achy joints or very hurtful random tendon aches.  For example, last Saturday I woke up & my left wrist was so painful, I thought oh boy, I have extreme carpal tunnel & will need surgery...next day it was gone.  I have had that in my ankles as well & it’s really painful. 

• Posted

Hi there , yes , I have gone through those symptoms which actually got worse every month right prior to my period coming . After some time of dealing with it I went to the doctor and they said my chloresterol was way to high and that is what was causing the legs to jump around as it’s the blood trying to get through the arteries . So they sent me for more testing . I guess i had high chloresterol for years and didn’t know it . Finally it’s being treated but it took months of the doctors all trying to figure out what was wrong with my legs as they always felt weak and hurt when I walked to much , I felt weak  . Mine was moreso  in the lower leg areas though on both sides .

Also , I have heard many woman say , it’s actually a symptom for them of the menopause so I guess everyone is different when it comes to muscle ache and pains but , it’s worth getting  some tests done  anyway . It will help put your mind at ease and also will help ya figure out what’s going on .

All the best to ya and hugs from Canada .

• Posted

I have this in my legs/ shoulders and forearms every night before bed I have a bath in Epsom salts , magnesium sometimes lack of this causes the aches as well as hormones /menopause..💕

• Posted

Hi Susane - I do suffer with this, I couldn't sleep some nights! After trying lots of herbal things I went to the doctors & he put me on a tablet called amitriptyline which I take at night & they are really good, you need to start them slowly & each week take a higher dose, they make you sleepy but you get use to this! taken at 6pm each night, I am on 50 now!

?Other things you could try before is Epsom salts for the bath the also a magnesium spray! Good luck & hope you find something that helps! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.