painful and soft lump/bulge near my anus

Posted , 12 users are following.

Since past two days i have been having this round shaped lump which is quite painful if I touch it or sit down (but not otherwise). It is very soft when i touch it like a bubble located at left side of my anus so basically i am sitting on my right bum for the past day. Plz help, i don't know what it is and want to know whether it will go away on its own.I am also uploading a picture of how it looks. Thankyou for your suggestions.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ash , in my experience these smaller haemorrhoids tend to come and go away again within a week . Unless they are the more serious prolapsed type , or there are more than one . You might be lucky and see it gone very soon , but doesnt hurt to get a professional opinion . Also , keep it clean , regular baths , and use the ointments , which can help with itching and infection . Watch your diet to avoid constipation and straining . Good luck Ash .
    • Posted

Thankyou so much for your Reply. I will consider your suggestions.
    • Posted

Actually i think i accidentally ruptured it and pus + blood seems to e eeping out continuosly. What should i do pls?
    • Posted

Would do no harm to go get it checked out . Likely nothing to worry about , but letting a doc see it would confirm it is a pile also .
    • Posted

Hi Ash:   I looked at your photo, that does not look like a typical hemorrhoid in my opinion, but I am not a doctor.   Reading that you ruptured it with copeous amounts of pus & bloody drainage, i would think it is a type of cyst or boil.   you really need to keep that area very clean!!   Because it is in such close proximity to your anus, it would be easy for fecal matter to enter the opened area which could lead to a very nasty infection.   Wash the area with some product that does contain some degree of antisepic properties  ( unless you are allergic to them ), something like a diluted detadine solution.  After a bowel movement wipe in the direction Away from that opened area.  Watch for any signs of infection such as pain, more pus like drainage, especially if it changes color to yellow or greenish tinged.  Watch the area for  redness & warmth. Also  be alert to a rise in body temperature ( which many times is the first sign a infection is occuring ).  Basically, if things change for the worse or don't improve, get that examined by your doctor.  Again its really important to keep the area clean.   Good luck, i hope it heals rapidly for you. 

• Posted

Thankyou for such detailed suggestion. I have been trying to keep it clean as much as possible. For now the pus has stopped leaking and the swelling of lump has reduced(maybe due to the leakage), I will wait and see, if things dont improve, i will go see a GP. Thanks again Parker!
  • Posted

Did you manage to get rid of this? Mine is similar and has been following me for almost 5 months. It ruptures every week.. but im noticing its becoming bigger...
  • Posted

I have the same looking lump but it's right on my buttcrack. 2 years ago I did the same thing, I kinda press against it sometimes and it feels like it was leaking out until it was clear and now it came right back. I want to put on the pic but don't know how

• Posted

I have the same looking lump but it's right on my buttcrack. 2 years ago I did the same thing, I kinda press against it sometimes and it feels like it was leaking out until it was clear and now it came right back. I want to put on the pic but don't know how

• Posted

I have the same condition hurts when I sit and a little while I walk I could upload a picĀ 
  • Posted

Hi I have also same problem like you have you checked this issue with doctor what is this?
  • Posted

My son use to get these boils on him all the time. To get rid of it just put a warm wash cloth on it until it stars leaking. once it bursts you must get all off the pus out and the head which is the core of the infection. IF you dont get it out they will keep coming back in different areas. Hope this helps.

• Posted

what did you use to get rid of it? please help. im having similar experience but its located on my anal. im extremely nervous.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.