Painful Bartholin cyst

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I’m 32 years old and have had issues with this for a few years. Usually they go away on their own. I’ve done the baths tried salts in the bath no help! It hurts sooooooo bad! The right side of my pelvic area is starting to hurt as well as the inside of my thigh. This gland  is easily the size of a golf ball and a half. I don’t know what to do! I’m starting to freak out. I’ve never had one drain. The swelling just goes away. I can hardly sit or stand. 😭

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You need to go to your Dr to have it drained. It's going to be painful, but you'll feel so much better afterwards. You also probably need antibiotics.  Hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Denise sounds like you have a big abscess , Did you go to urgent care to have it drained? If not,,,please go as soon as possible, you will feel much better after the pus is gone
    • Posted

I haven’t. I just switched jobs and of course no insurance for 90 days.  I’m going to apply for Obamacare tonight. My pelvic region on the left is now swollen and hurts bad to touch. I’m a mess. 
    • Posted

On the right not the left. My mistake. 
    • Posted

You can always go to an ER or urgent care center. They can drain it and give you antibiotics. 
    • Posted

I think it is draining. Could anyone tell me where the drainage would come from? I cannot see an opening anywhere. 
  • Posted

I’ll be going to the urgent care after work. I called my family doctor and she said i need to go ASAP. Thanks for all the advice ☺️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.