painful blisters on and around vagina

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had unprotected sex and four days later I was having a burning sensation whilst peeing. Two days later my vagina would sting around the opening whilst I was peeing and then I noticed blisters on and around my vagina. I’m really scared because I am only 18 and I am pregnant. I have a lot of them and it is very painful, my vagina is also swollen on the one side where I have the most blisters. I’m not experiencing any fever symptoms and have spoken to the NHS 111 service who just recommended I went to a walk in centre. I am not with my child’s father but I still have sex with him, a day after this broke out I was told to go to a clinic and get checked out because he sleeps around. I am very worried but I have anxiety which makes it worse. I am prone to get cysts around my vagina and I do have a few ingrown hairs. I had vaginal discharge a lot but no  itchiness before this broke out.  There is no visible blisters around the anus but it is also very difficult to pass stool and hurts for hours after. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It sounds as it may be herpes. Not sure if it's I or II. Definitely get checked especially since you are pregnant. Most people have some form of herpes unfortunately. But there is no need to stress about it as it is easy to live with. Your first year you will experience a lot of outbreaks but as you get older, it will be less.

• Posted

I am absolutely terrified it’s herpes because of the baby. They  are just red and sting. There’s no blood or puss and they do not look like the pictures on google. I’m very concerned because he doesn’t seem to have anything wrong with him either.
  • Posted

HI Go find your local sexual health/GUM clinic and let the staff there have a look and do some tests and see what comes back from that, for now get some coconut oil and apply that round your vagina and anal area it could help but wont hurt you.

Try and just sit quite when you can and blank your mind out, its called meditation, it will help calm you down.

• Posted

My Local sexual health clinics seem to be very busy this summer, the earliest appointment I could get is for the 31st July.  I may just have to see my gp and wait. I’ve been applying a doublebase gel and cleaning the area with TCP Liquid.  I’ve tried but I feel like I have so much on my mind I can’t rest, I just keep worrying.
  • Posted

This does sound like herpes, but as said below you can live with it. It is more common than you think.

However, as you are pregnant it is best to get checked to be sure. If herpes was acquired BEFORE you became pregnant (as this is possibly the first outbreak it is hard to know how long it may have been in your system), there is a very low risk of transmitting the virus to the baby. This is because your immune system has made antibodies that are temporarily passed to the baby through the placenta. 

At the time of labor, the healthcare provider will examine you to see if there are any signs of an outbreak. If there is an outbreak, the safest course of action is a cesarean section.

BUT in saying all of this, as you are pregnant, hormones can cause overgrowth of vaginal bacteria or fungus (this is totally normal).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.