Painful breast

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I had breast cancer in 2018, left side. Had lumpectomy and radiation. Was rechecked and clear in October 2019.

A couple of days ago, I started having a lot of pain in my right breast. It is through the middle and sometimes goes underneath and over towards my arm pit. I did a check and didn't feel anything.

Today I had a checkup schedule with my primary for my sinus infection. I told her about it. She didn't think it was anything to be concerned. She did do a check while I was there and said she didn't feel anything.

My concern is when I had it in my left no one felt it either. The mammogram so something so they did an ultasound and found it.

I'm getting nervous and scared wondering if it is something to be concerned about.

I am 60 years old. I also have fibromyalgia, costochondritis and ist. I think my anxietys taking over not knowing.

Has anyone else felt anything like this and if so, what do you do to stopnit.

Thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rebecca,

While I certainly won't tell you not to worry, I know that usually breast cancer is not painful. I have had cancer in my left breast, treated with partial mastectomy, radiation, and Exemestane.

I sometimes get breast pain. I am a Nurse Practitioner in the US and used to examine many women's breasts for cancer.

The good news is that you recently had a mammogram in October, so that if the mass that they found appears malignant, it will be small and not have spread (not metastasized.)

I told myself if I had another bout of breast cancer, I would have a bilateral mastectomy. My identical twin and I developed identical breast cancer (same time, location, size, breast, markers, everything) Just something to think about. I had a Myriad 25 genetic test that was negative, but as my twin and I had the identical breast cancer, I am certain it is genetic. They have not developed the tests for the 73 plus more mutatons they recently discovered for patients. .

Please let me know if you have any other questions and the results! I do care and shall be thinking good thoughts!

Best Regards

Merry Juliana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.