Painful breasts

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been goin thru the menopause now for about 4 years, with severe hot flushes  and palpitations and all the other things that go with it.  Now, all.of a sudden the hot flushes have calmed right down to about 2 or 3 a day  from up.to 30+ but my breasts have started to.hurt. Has anyone else experienced this and shud i b worried? I haven't haf a period for over 6 years. Please help!!!!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wendy

me too, my hot flushes in the day have shot up, from none to up to 20 a day in the last four months, i had them with night sweats in early peri, then none..

i am aged 50 and been in full meno a year.. natural route ...

i live in southern spain and mine increased with the summer heat here, hot flushes as you know are the way we cool down aswell in menopause..

do you live where it is hot ..

i dont have breast tenderness though .... last had breast tenderness when I had my last period a year ago.. none since ..

do you have well woman checks ? 

i had mine last week... colopscopy, smear, vaginal ultra sound, and 3D breast scan..

i saw everything on screen, was told i was deffo menopause, and breast scan fine.

do you take HRT could it be that ? 

best to get checked wendy ... 

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay. I live in England So deffo  not hot. Never taken HRT as i have heard too many horror stories.  Maybe will talk with my doctor as I have a pituatry tumour so mite b to do with that . Thanks for reply.  Wendy xx
    • Posted

Hi Wendy

yes, best to get it checked hun...  its not HRT hormonal thing so thats out the equasion...

its not the British weather 😕

take care hun, get checked so you can put your mind at rest..

jay xx 

• Posted

Hi Jay

Yes will talk to my doctor n see wot they say.

Thanks again

Take care xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.