Painful bumps around vaginal entrance

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've noticed that I have developed painful bumps just around the entrance to my vagina. I haven't had sex with anyone in two years so I doubt it is an STD. image

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I shaved so you can see better.

• Edited

they kind of look like warts but idk go to a gyno or a dermatologist

• Posted

Ignore these comments. Honestly your vagina looks normal? It may be VP. A HPV test can pick up any abnormalities in the area if you want a piece of mind. And a STD test?

• Posted

I know that something has to be up because it wasn't bumpy, painful or itchy but it is now. I'll try to find a before/after comparison.

What's VP?

• Posted

Vestibular Papillomatosis: Are growths, or papillae, occur in a line or as symmetrical patches on the labia minora — smaller inner folds — on both sides of the vulva. Which can happen later on in life, as our vagina changes all the time. And it appears to be symmetrical and on both folds that is why I may suspected it may be VP.

But, you are saying it is itchy, painful and VP doesn't cause this. VP is normal and not harmful. I think take a HPV and STD test to find out what this is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.