Painful BV!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Am I the only one who has this symptom?

In addition to the usual symptoms, smelly discharge, my bv is usually so painful. This happens 24/7. It's usually triggered by me passing urine and then it never stops until I take painkillers. This is the worst symptom for me.

I've taken all sorts of antibiotics but nothing clears it. But really the pain debilitating and I can barely function.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I had painful urination for almost a year with BV. However, i was tested for Ureaplasma/Mycoplasma Hominis a year in and was positive. I was given doxyclyne for 14 days. Which did not eradicate it. I then was put on Levaquin. I have not had painful urination since. If you have not been tested for that. I suggest you do to rule that out from causing all your problems.

• Posted

no im still suffering from bv. I never had BV till i had a new partner. Ive been misdiagnosed for so long about a year and put on so many antibiotics for BV. Which i firmly believe it was the ureaplasma causing it at first. However, now all the antibiotics i have took it messed my stomach bacteria up. Now, im believing i have to change my diet to replenish it back. I noticed i had the stomach bug for 5 days so i can barely eat and i noticed the discharge cleared up. soon as i started eating sugar and not great food. i got moist again and it burned during sex.

• Posted

Yes, I have this too. I have taken several rounds of antibiotics which took the smell away. However the pain is still there (burning skin and shooting pains inside the canal). I have found hot baths with sea salt and baking soda has helped a lot.

I have asked several doctors to test for ureaplasma however they all act like it is a waste of time and not really a thing so they will not test. super frustrating!!

• Posted

Precisely. The odour goes away for me as well but the shooting pain remains! I'm getting tested soon for Ureaplasma because I'm sick of it.

Thanks for the hot bath tip. I'll try that in the mean time.

• Posted

wow i never had those issues with the burning and pain

• Posted

How are you doing? Have you tested for Ureaplasm yet?

• Posted

I've had no pain or irritation in my 4 years of constant bv .

the only time I do is when I have inserted bv pesserys ( balance active brand) or boric acid or anything else I've inserted.

I then get total irritation inside and itchy genitals which I then have to use thrush pessary ( canasten brand)

if you've inserted anything that would be why I'd guess .

but that doesn't explain the pains

it's so hard living with bv

its ruined my quality of life for years especially the smell part.

I found using boric acid or others just made it beyond worse .

my issue is the smells that's my worst symptom.

• Posted

i am right there with u. Other then my v always feeling weird i always have the horrible smell that never goes away! Its def ruined me. It ruins everything! I cant even take my babies out to eat or to town without getting starred at or every time someone walks by they start coughing. Its the most embarrassing thing i have ever been through in my life!

• Posted

When i had BV and needed to be out in public or around others i would wear tampons even if i was not on my periods. Try this it really helped me cope with the BV nightmare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.