Painful BV, Herpes, something else?!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Wet prep said BV but it burns, itches, stings, and is very uncomfortable. There's also a singular lesion near clitoral hood which is also flat and white. Doctor said it didn't have the same characteristics of Herpes but sent off a sample. I've been with the same person for two years. I also started running a fever of 100.4 but tylenol made it go down.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

• Posted

Your doc is most likely correct, seeing the issue is the best way to be accurate. Good that they took a sample tho!

Mariah

• Posted

The original person that looked at it was a FNP and a student. I had a NP at my regular gyno office look at it today. She said possible herpes as well and took another swab. Haven't gotten the results back from either one. She also gave me valtrax and said the pain I'm having is why she's concerned about Herpes. So now I'm taking medication for Herpes and an antibiotic but my symptoms are still not getting better.

• Edited

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.