Painful Coccyx

Posted , 2 users are following.

on Jan 2nd While walking our dog he pulled and i slipped and fell onto my bum it was on a concrete path. I hurt my bum but carried on with the walk and all seemed ok. I was a bit sore for a day or two but this last week it has got gradually worse. Whilst sitting or lying on my back it is very painful i have quite a strenuous job and by the time i finish my shift i can barely walk and even my buttocks hurt. Lying in bed on my back really hurts as does turning over from one side onto my other. My coccyx is quite painful when i touch it to but no visable bruising. Should i go to A&E or the Dr really not sure what they can do, will it heal on its own Any advice 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cathy

A similar thing happened to me a few years ago.

The difference is it was my back garden, I looked out, saw our cat chasing {playing with} a mouse ...We have woods at the back of the garden

I went out totry and chase the mouse one way and the cat the other way.

I had realsied it but it had rained very slightly and my feet went from under me and I landed on my bum.

I came in, felt bumped and bruised but that was all

A few weeks later I started to get very sore .....my coccyx , lower back etc.

I do have osteo arthritis   but this was a cpmpletly different pain

So I went to see the GP......she sent me to the hospital for an X Ray and I had fractured my pelviseek

We didnt know what had caused the pain but after talking for a while we discovered it was the fall when i was chasing the cat. I said but that was weeks ago....doesnt matter it could take a while for pain to appear was what she said.

So I would go to your GP and if they dont suggest an X Ray I would ask about that.....depends what your docs like  LOL

You could try A & E if you tought it necessary. I would be quicker than via the GP

Now it may not be anything like mine...could be something simple but mine healed OK although it take some morphine for a while because of the pain.

Let me know what happens or what you do

Love

Eileen  UK

• Posted

Oh wow poor you. I will prob go to my Gp next week if i dont feel any better. Norofen seems to be keeping it at bay today so have dosed up for bedtime. 

I will keep you informed. Cathy

• Posted

Thanks Cathy

It may be nothing much but at least if you see the GP it will set your mind at rest {if you're anything like me}cheesygrin

Love

Eileen   UK

• Posted

Hi Cathy 

1997 I fell out work bottom first !! 

Physio didn't work on me in the end had X-ray which showed small break 

could take  between 2-4 years before settling down,

caused  me to seat on one cheek too!! 

Which physio did sort out later 

• Posted

Hi all it is infact feeling much better now. Just a bit tender when sitting or lying. Did not visit Dr just lots of pain killers. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.