Painful cramps but no period

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys I was diagnosed with pcos ten years ago (im 24 now) and ive never had cramps like this before.

I haven't had a period in around 6 months at least.

The cramps started about 2 weeks ago but still no period.

Its pretty painful just wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience or knows what might help?

Thanks smile

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I feel your pain as I went almost a year without a period, the cramping can be horrendous at times, my advice is if you period doesnt come soon go see your gp(if you havent already) and explain to them as they can prescribe you a drug that can induce your period take it for 5-7 days and your period will start within 2 weeks of taking the last pill, be warned some of the side effects can be horrible, my gp gave me provera which i took on multiple occasions as ive always had an irregular cycle but got them to swap it as provera didnt agree with me very well but the last one i took (norethisterone) worked great no side effects and i only had to take 1 course and my cycle is slowly sorting itself out, im roughly a 7week cycle now. which for me is great. hope this helps.
  • Posted

I had a similar thing happen to be a couple of years ago. I was taken into hospital in the end the pain got so bad. They did a scan of my ovaries and found a build up of fluid in the right tube. It went away on it's own so all I could do was take pain relief. 

If you are really concerned maybe go and ask your doctor if they think it's worth having a scan to see if there is anything causing the pain. It could be a build up to a heavy period if you haven't had one in so long as I also had that at one point myself. 

I am now having the opposite problem. They can't seem to stop the bloody bleeding! Having PCOS is like a roller coaster ride that never ends. 

Eventually you will find treatment that helps settle thing down though. 

Wish you all the best for the future

Cat x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.