Painful emptying bladder

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I'm 8 days post op and been ok ish. Today I have experienced pain when I wee. Not as in the urethra but in my pelvis area where the op was. Do you think it's just things settling in. I don't think it's a uti it's not that kinda of pain but it makes me want to hold back and not get a good flow 🙄

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Wow, if it’s only when urinating then chances are if maybe a UTI, I’m sure anything other than during that time would be a healing pain. Well at least that’s what I’m telling my body. Inside has to be settling in and healing starts. But lots of water and make sure it’s enough to prevent an UTI. Stay strong 
  • Posted

Hello, I had similar pain with pressure and had a urinalysis on Saturday. Just waiting on results. It’s not every time but very uncomfortable. You may want to speak with your doctor and see if they can do a culture to be safe.
  • Posted

I had an ecoli UTI post-op but didn't have any of the usual symptoms. So maybe get checked

• Posted

Your body is just adjusting... Plus the cathadar that you had put in you could have aggravated your bladder. I would go and get your urine tested.

Take care!

• Posted

Thanks everyone, Yea think I will pop and see the gp. I work in urology so know all about bladders, fluids and catheters 😂 but when I'm the patient the tables turn lol

• Posted

Hi Tracey im 8 weeks post op and experienced the same when peeing if your urine isnt strong or foul smelling its probably the procedure I had same for about 3 weeks xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.