Painful Fissure Very depressed ... is it possible to feed baby after LIS

Posted , 4 users are following.

I delivered vaginally 5 weeks before after which i have developed a fissure that is extremely painful. I have tried applying all tropical creams from dizelium to anobliss but nothing seems to work. Day by day my condition is getting worst. I use creams, laxatives as prescribed but i am not able to sit even for 2 min. Currently i m not even able to sit and feed my baby.  The pain us 24/7. It never seems to get low. I am in a situation that i would do anything to get rid of the pain. I m even ready for an LIS surgery. But my only concern is will i be able to continue breast feeding after LIS is done. Is the recovering stage very painful. I am scared to face the surgery but my current situation is too worse i m not able to sit i spend my day and night lying on my bed in pain and even if pain subsides a bit i still cant even imagine sitting for a second too. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ugh. I am so sorry. I feel your pain. I was in the same boat for months and couldn’t find a thing to help me. I was extremely close to the surgery as well. I was finally able to heal and I think the thing that helped me the most was Magnesium Citrate. You can find quality pills at the health food store OR you can use Natural Calm. It makes your stool easier to pass/softer. It also helps a great deal with anxiety. You can’t really take too much of it. My little guy was breastfeeding at the time and he did ok with it too. I highly recommend it because like you I had tried everything! 
    • Posted

My stools are soft already but the burning sensation after bm is very high and it won’t go away for several hours. 
    • Posted

Hope you are doing good..How long did it take you to recover? I m seriously considering about surgery.
  • Posted

Have you got the gtn cream ?

Sitz baths are a must

At my worse I pooped in the sitz bath jumped up and refilled and soaked in it

Coconut oil Epsom salts and peppermint essential oils three drops 

All helps 

Try anything but this helped me I would rock around for 8 hours a day! 

Bert bees lip balm with peppermint also worked ! 

And a cream called proktis m

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.