painful glands

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi everyone its me again. did any of you experience painful lymph nodes all over? behind neck, armpits, and even groin area?? i have painful ones around my groin and have been dealing with ebv for a year and a half now. i had a flare up and feel pain whereever lymph nodes are but they dont feel swollen. is it common to feel pain in the ones around your groin area?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

yes thats a major symptom even though i never got this ive read so many articles which includes painful swollen glands .have you been sick for 18 months or did it get better? im going into month 10 and had it with this ! its my 2nd time in 12 years... never want it again!

• Posted

Hi Nicole,

Just read your two new thread posts there, and wanted to let you know was still thinking about you and keeping you in my thoughts / prayers. In terms of lymph nodes, I had these symptoms during the virus, had a particularly painful reactive gland in my neck, but also various aches and pains in my upper-mid chest, groin, armpits at various times. These are all areas where glands are and it definitely is common symptom of mono, the groin definitely it can be normal to get pain there even if you don't feel things swollen.

I can only imagine how frustrated and weary and drained you must be after all this time Nicole. I just hope and pray for a much better year for you, you've been through such an awful time with this. Please remember there is hope, EBV can absolutely cause all of this and it doesn't mean to say anything else is wrong, so sorry to hear you have issue with thyroid too, I'm hoping that you have been able to get medication which is helping that.

And for some people it just takes a longer time to recover Nicole - that doesn't mean to say that you won't recover still, I've read lots of stories of people who didn't really see a major turning point until about 18 months or so but then really started to get so much better. Everybody's body just copes with this virus differently, for some it seems to take a little longer but please hang in there Nicole and don't give up hope - I still believe that God is going to heal you and that healthy and happy times are ahead for you Nicole. Just continue to cope with each day at a time and listen to your body, rest when you need to and also if you can still see friends / family / do things you enjoy too that don't take too much out of you and help de-stress. Just seeing friends and talking to those I trusted about how I was feeling was a big help to me Nicole when I was going through this, if you can please talk to someone too that you trust as dealing with this on your own and all the strain it causes is doubly hard.

Thinking about you still and don't give up - you ARE going to get better Nicole - I still have great faith in that and that God is working on your recovery right now, and even if the manifestations can't be seen yet, they will be - hang in there and take care of yourself, be kind and understanding to yourself too that's so important.

Craig

• Posted

its comforting to know that the gland pain isnt just something im experiencing and that ebv suffers deal with this as well. i was so scared. its been such a long road craig. i probably seem crazy posting so much in this forum, my health anxiety gets the best of me and i run to this forum. i really wish there was more research and doctors out there who knew about ebv and what it can really do to someone. i think all the unkown is scary. im trying to live a normal life as a college student and i work as well, im a super happy girl but this virus rocked my world. i now want to get into holistic health to help patients with ebv. we need to get more of an understanding. this virus mimics cancer and hiv and awful disease and brings our mind to another place. hope you continue to feel better and i plan on trying as well

• Posted

Hi Nicole,

Oh goodness you are not crazy in any way, you are like I was went I went through this and like the others on the site here, going through an extremely tough and awful time due to such a horrible horrible virus. I think you've shown courage in how you've been handling it and to be able to keep working and studying shows such determination and spirit Nicole, it's a very frightening thing to go through indeed when you just don't know when things will turn around, but hang in there because I still truly believe that you are going to get better and get the breakthrough that you need.

Yes for sure this virus does mimic other things and can play tricks with you into thinking something more serious is going on when it's actually just the mono, because of the intensity and longevity. But Nicole these symptoms to me definitely sound like prolonged mono symptoms you have been going through, it's always wise to continue to check in with doctor and have them monitor your blood tests and things, hopefully for reassurance as much as anything else.

Hang in there Nicole - you are going to get through this - I still believe it and still thinking about you, and please be assured that many of the symptoms you describe are classic mono, just so sorry it's been going on so long and hoping and praying so much for a turning point soon for you.

Craig

• Posted

Hi, I'm approaching Month 16 of this nasty stuff. After feeling about 60% better for 2 1/2 months, I had my 3rd relapse last week. (although this relapse is much easier than the other 2)

Yes, I've had tender lymph nodes all around my neck and also in my groin area. Lymph nodes on the outside area of my pelvis have been visibly swollen for about 9 months. Those lymph nodes were extremely tender for about 3 months, even brushing up against the kitchen counter was nauseating. I also have had a pain/irritation/discomfort on my left side and lower rib cage area for the entirety of my Mono. It seems to get better and worse as my other Mono symptoms change. I had a sonogram and CT scan and they couldn't find anything. It's been bad enough that I couldn't lay on that side for months. The doctors don't know what is causing the pain, but I've decided it must be unhappy lymph nodes.

Hang in there!

• Posted

as much as i hate to hear you are dealing with these symptoms as well with painful glands, it really comforts me. i was beliving i had cancer or hiv even tho my tests were negative. my lymph nodes cause me headaches and neck pain, and sharp pains shoot through them, and i have a tender one in my groin as well. i cant believe ebv does all this to us. and i also have rib cage pain.!!!! i feel it when the ebv flares up again. hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Oh goodness Kris what a terrible time you've been through by the sounds of it - as with Nicole I do hope so much for a turning point really soon and for this awful virus to cease its attack. I hope it can be reassuring that the scans have been normal, that is a good sign even though I know it's so frustrating when you're still getting such intense symptoms.

Thinking about you Kris and remember there is hope - don't give in - this thing does eventually lose its sting and I have read lots of stories of people who didn't really see much improvement until about the 18 month mark but then went on to make a full recovery - so hang in there and just continue to take care of yourself and cope with one day at a time - all any of us can do.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.