Painful hamstring Tendonitis due to untreated torn meniscus

Posted , 4 users are following.

Misdiagnosed meniscus tear led to bad lateral hamstring Tendonitis. I am currently 6 weeks post op. Stretching lessons pain. Still can't straighten knee fully. Weird catching of hamstring with increased activity. 7 months out of soccer, I play D1 soccer. Feel hopeless and very depressed, any advice to get me through this rough time? Advice for testing hamstring Tendonitis? Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Don't know to much about hamstrings but I know what your saying about being depressed. So sick of not being able to do anything. Only 4 wks since Achilles' tendon lengthened and reattached etc. and I am ready to climb the walls. Long recovery for me hopefully not for you. Hang in there.
    • Posted

Thank you for the response! It really sucks not to be able to do the things you love, I wish you the best! Hopefully you have a speedy and smooth recovery.
  • Posted

Hi everyone,

​I wonder if anyone out there hassuffered from De Quervain's tendonitis?The tendons at the base of the thumb joint where it meets the wrist become inflamed, making extension of the thumb very painful. I wonder also if anyone has had this treated by electrotherapy or IFTtherapy or any other non-invasive therapy/treatment?

​Any help/advice/comments would be grateful.

Thank you.

Grimm.

• Posted

HI Sporty!

Firstly, I love football and a big Tottenham Hotspur Fan!

Having had complex reconstructive surgery on both my feet ( I was born with flat feet and a malformation of bones in both feet which needed fixing and I also had a tendon transfer in both feet) I was a hairstylist for 32 years and standing on my already dodgy feet was eventually my downfall. I've had to sell my business of 32 years and now after 2 long years I'm finally walking unaided on flat surfaces. Still need a crutch when I go out.

The only way forward is to not focus on how you are going to get thru this but to look ahead to when you are back to normal and to be able to live life pain free.

Being an active sporty type it will be hard as it's a huge change from your routine.

You will get better. It will take time and effort just like your training for footie except you love footie but not yr condition so flip it.....approach it this way perhaps.....if you want to play you got to get tackle this first.

If you are not happy with your treatment and support from your doc and physiotherapist, get a second opinion.

I too feel that weird catching of my tendon around my toe and into my foot arch which Is rather worrying. ....keep stretching as that's all you can do and trust me it will get better slowly but surely.

Unless you have scare tissue that has attached itself to the muscle which does occur rarely hence you can't bend or strsighten your knee. It happened to my dad in law after a knee replacement and he couldnt bend his knee ....it was rectified eventually under anesthetic. ...they simply forced it to bend which in turn allowed it to detach from the muscle. He's doing great now. He was a rugby player.

I know how tough all this is but just think ,

Very soon you will be talking about it and wondering how the hell you got thru it as I do now!

This forum was a lifeline for me and often it's reassurance we all need so don't get depressed or feel alone.

Onwards n upwards!

Nikky

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.