Painful heavy period

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello, im 35 almost 36 my periods have always been pretty painful but lately they have gotten worse. i recently went to the gyno and had some uktra sounds done which came back that i have a small fibroid and an extremely thick uterine wall. my doctor put me on birth control in hopes that this would solve the problem. im currently in so much pain it goes down my right thigh, should i go to a different doctor?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Being on the pill, particularly at your age, brings up risks of DVT. Is there any swelling or bruising on your leg and does it feel warm? Look up deep vein thrombosis and see if you have any of the symptoms. This can be very serious. Hopefully this is something different, but I was younger than you when I got multiple pulmonary emboli from the pill. I think the contraceptive pill is toxic, not only can you get depression and cellulite, but you also put yourself at risk of very serious conditions, particularly if you are over 30. If you are worried it may be DVT come off the pill immediately.

• Posted

the pain in my leg is from my cramps ive been getting it before i started the pill. i am aware of dvt though and will continue to monitor for any symptoms. thank you!!

• Posted

Have you been offered anything for your period pain? You could try naproxen or mefenamic acid, if you haven't already. They are both prescription medications.

• Posted

ive been taking naproxen since im 15 for the pain it doesnt work anymore. the doctor prescribed tramadol for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.