Painful intercourse???

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies sorry to ask such a personal wuestion but I am having problems with soreness during intercourse. Sorry i get a bit embarassed asking this but dies anyone else get this? There is no bleeding or excessive pain or anything it just feels sharply sore inside. I started crying after as a big fat wall of worry and anxiety hit me and my poor hubby was worried about me too. I felt such a disaster and couldnt help worry there is something wrong. I gave myself a common sense talking to but still feel unsettled.

Being in peri knocks your sex drive anyway I find and we arent as "active" as we used to be for that reason and this is another reason i was upset as the one time i felt attractive for a bit it all went wrong as it was so uncomfy.

I will pop to Docs for a check up but i was really worried so thought id ask all the lovely ladies here to see if anyone can help?

Apologies for such a personal question but any reassurance would really help. Many thanks xxxx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I can tell you that lubricant works very well! There are all sorts of them out there I found a lot of trial and error there is water based and silicone based I use astroglide and also a product called wet no pun intended lol try those they do help! We are here to try to help each and if there is no lubrication there it will almost feel like sand paper which isn't no fun

• Posted

Yep will grab some lub and see how it goes. Thanks so much for your reply its really eeassuring to hear from ladies who genuinely know how you feel. Thanks hunni xxxx
  • Posted

Yes Louise,

From sandpaper to razor blades I've had it.

I always thought I will still be able to keep my man happy even if I don't enjoy it any more I won't stop him.

It doesn't work like that though, does it?

So in early to mid peri when I was still enjoying it sometimes we used coconut oil as a lubricant, it's natural and good for you and seemed somewhat soothing.

I'm on HRT now which has made things a lot better although if we make love often every night it can still get a little sore.

You can get a vaginal estrogen cream from your doctor which would help with dryness.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply love. Yeah razor blades and sandpaper is exactly it!!! I just had to grit my teeth to get through it and i must have looked a picture ! My hubbie was so gentle too bless him that I got upset that he was upset -if you know what I mean?

Most of my discomfort was deeper inside though really which is why i was worried. Ill try some lubs recommended here though and see if that helps. Thankyou xxxx

• Posted

Luckily we are doing it in the dark more these days. And yeah I wanted to please him and he is gentle. The problem I found was although he has the libido of a teenager still age has made him take much longer to get to the finish line (I would have been impressed when I was 40 lol).

So I just put up with it and discussed it with my doctor.

HRT helps a lot but add I think I said before if it's really often it can still be a bit on the sore side. The fact that the HRT has improved my interest in it means I can ignore it a bit better. Before I Just had no interest whatsoever and just wanted to hurry things along to stop the pain.

• Posted

I agree experiment with lubricants, Astroglide is good, they work really well because the moderator would block it, I would tell you some good brands but suffice it say that you will find them, I have found the most expensive ones work better as opposed to the really cheap ones.
  • Posted

Yep...been there and like you got very anxious. My doctor advised SYLK as its a natural water based lubricant. It works! I just have to get used to not worrying!!
    • Posted

Thankyou love. Its so hard not to worry isnt it! My mind is racing all the time about one thing or another. Thank you for your message xxx
  • Posted

Hi Louise, one of the ladies on the forum recommended Gynomunal which is now available on prescription.  I've discussed with my dr and although she was not aware of it she prescribed it and it works really well soothing and  promotes healing. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.