Painful left arm

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone suffer with severe arm pain connected to chest pain. Finding it difficult using my left arm at times. Had all the heart tests so know it’s to do with Costochondritis well I think it is 🤔

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shelly , 

For last 4-5 years I am going through same pain. Since july 2018 I have gone through all major tests related to heart , Stomach etc. 

I had visit with Cardiologist last week , as per him : 

- My ECG , Stress test , Cardiac CT is all normal 

- Sometimes Goll blader pain can radiate through left arm or feels like dull left arm

- Per him Chest and shoulder nerves are complex and interrelated with back , chest and stomach hence pain in any one of the organ mostly radiates pain over chest area.

- Dont be anxious and think too much. If your doctor confirms / rule out issues related to heart I guess you should be good to enjoy your life.

- Sometimes I use Diclofenac cream . Doctor prescribed me that but I use it on need basis that too very small amount (0.5 - 1 gm ) 

Hope your pain will improve with time. May mighty god bless you.

Thank You,

Kunal

• Posted

Thank you so much for your kind response. I am seeing my doctor on Wednesday so  hopefully I might get some more answers. I didn’t realise the gall bladder connection I will mention this on Wednesday. Take good care of yourself 
  • Posted

I feel pain/pressure in my right arm and a chest pain while i am walking 10 minutes plus
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. Mine just comes on at random times it’s the first time I’ve had it down my arm. Was even painful just putting my coat on 
  • Posted

Have you had a chest CT with contrast to look at your lungs? Or a D-dimer blood test? 
    • Posted

Are you 100% sure your chest pain is down to costochondritis? If you are having arm pains as well it could be down to something else. Costochondritis doesn’t tend to be a severe pain. A D-dimer blood test checks for blood clots and a chest ct with contrast would show up your pulmonary arteries in detail, if you have inflammation or blood clots. You said you have had heart tests, but it could be lung related. It just sounded a bit worrying when you said you had severe pain. Hopefully it isn’t, but if you feel like something really isn’t right, don’t leave it.
    • Posted

I’ve had a test to check my heart and all my arteries make sure they are not blocked an ecg echo all showed normal lots of blood tests. I’m not short of breath so don’t think it’s my lungs. If it was a clot would the pain come and go or would it be constant? Had an x ray of my shoulder and arm on Friday waiting for results. Thank you for taking the time to explain things 🙂

• Posted

I had multiple pulmonary emboli, they were quite small, the pain for me came and went at the beginning. I had them for ages, so I had lots of different types of pain. Sometimes it felt like something was leaning on my chest, sometimes it felt warm under my rib cage, I got pin prick sensations in my chest, I had these sharp pains that went into my armpits and I got horrible cramps in my legs as well as numbness and pins and needles, also when it got really bad towards the end shooting electric shock type feelings and I had really fast palpitations. My breathing at the beginning wasn’t too bad I occasionally found it hard to take a deep breath in, but at the end it constantly felt like I couldn’t get any air in and would often get breathless. Hopefully you won’t get any of that, but you know what to look out for if you do. 

Where about on your arm does it hurt and does it feel warm where the pain is?

• Posted

The pain starts in my shoulder and goes right down my arm it doesn’t feel warm just really achy 
  • Posted

yes iv been having the same really sharp shooting pains thru my arms and chest, i had a ecg 4months ago and all was fine i got diagnoised with tietze syndrom as all my breast bones are inflamed x

• Posted

thank you for your reply my breast bone is very tender to touch

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.