painful leg muscles ( not cramps) and weakness

Posted , 12 users are following.

ok ladies, I know I have asked this before but it is driving me crazy! it's my thighs that feel like I have done 12 hours of exercise,( as if I could do 1 hour of exercise at this point) and it comes and goes. I can wake up feeling good with no discomfort and after being up for awhile they start to ache and feel weak. I dont know what to do and am at the end of my rope with this crap. we can't stay in bed for however long it takes us to get through this but some days that is all we can do. is there a secret to dealing with this issue, or is just like all other symptoms and we just have to ride it out? hugs to all💜

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susane, it sounds like you may just want to get some blood work done , I had the same issues with my legs and they found out my chloresterol was way to high and then they sent me to a vascular clinic to get some testing done. 

They can find out the reasons for what’s going on as they specialize in all them areas .  Hugs to ya and best wishes , it’s probebly just another menopause symptom that all us ladies deal with in one way or another but , your not alone . We all will be ok and the best part is , this forum helps us realize we can deal with this .

• Posted

normal bloodwork with the exception of hormones 🙄. thank you for your words of encouragement, it helps when we are having a bad day.

• Posted

Hi Susanne - Try taking magnesium supplements & get some magnesium spray to spray on your thighs & see if that helps.  Apparently many people are low in magnesium as we age & then menopause causes our levels to deplete as well - 

• Posted

I use magnesium lotion every day. all bloodwork normal with the exception of hormones😕thank you!

• Posted

Me too susane every once a while I get this pain in my thighs muscles ,I have it today and  it is so annoying I did all the blood test everything is normal so I guess it hormone ,I don’t know how much longer I can take of this 😤

• Posted

Hello Susan

I am 57 years old and dealing with muscles pain to my left lateral thigh. It was on my right one, now it is on my left one.

What i am doing is just massage the areas.

It is tough to go through this ordeal of so called menopause.

Take care.

• Posted

Ive been reading a post online and saying magnesium/phosphate tablets can sort out this problem, as i had this leg problem last year and doctors sent me for tests to rule out DVT, next day it went away on its own.  i had it again this past weeken,  so annoying and  a big worry, luckily it went away on its own yesterday and i dont have to take anything for it. 

Some people say epsom salt foot soak is good. 

Hope you get better soon.

Kadija

• Posted

thank you, I use magnesium lotion twice a day.my drs have told me that the pills dont get absorbed into your system and the best way to get it is through the skin. the leg pain is not constant, it comes and goes but drives me crazy when it comes lol. hugs to you🙂

• Posted

I know exactly what you are describing. Sometimes I get such aching in my thighs too, and I said the same about working out. It doesn’t seem to be as bad as it used to be, so I think it’s just having to ride it out.

Sometimes I will have really stiff ankles when I get up. Does that happen to you?

• Posted

hi, no, I dont have issues with my feet or ankles thank goodness! it's just my thighs that feel like I have run a marathon. it makes it hard to do life some days.

• Posted

I've had this too!! I mentioned it to my doctor and she told me to try taking a magnesium supplement. I have been taking them ever since and have only had a few more episodes of "heavy sore legs". Give it a try! 

• Posted

hi jomarie,

I use a magnesium lotion twice a day so I'm good with that. I have an appointment with my dr on Monday for bloodwork. she thinks it could be low iron but we shall see...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.