Painful leg ulcers

Posted , 27 users are following.

I have had leg ulcers for six months now, I can't take it anymore!!!! The cleaning ,changing bandages, how they look, interferes with everything I do.. I am so fed up, and the pain is so unbearable, it feels like 24/7 burning pain . I've tried a few things to help a little but it is so painful I can't even wrap it .. so I left it alone for two days and got scabs , don't know if that's good or bad ?

3 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hello ive had a leg ulcer on left leg which healed about 6 years ago after a massive bled with i lost over 7pints of blood. but afterwards it healed very quickly with compression bandages 3 layered. but ive a leg ulcer on right leg at moment which is causing a nightmare as ive had it over 3 years and the pain is unreal. been getting compression bandages then it heals but pain doesn't go away then opens up within weeks again. when healed i wear compression socks not very attractive but its needed. ive seen a surgeon which his words( im too fat to fix it). ive worked all my life and its really starting to effect me mentally now. doctors given me pain relief of tramadol and paracetamol but its not touching the pain. the only time its manageable is when im in bed as ive got a leg Elevation Wedge Pillow which has been my best ever investment. i live in Northern ireland

• Posted

This is to fellow sufferers living in the UK. Check out Prof. Mark Whiteley on YouTube. He has three clinics in England, two in London and one in Bristol. He is "the man". Unfortunately as i moved back to N.Ireland after my wife died and now have mobility problems i cannot travel to the mainland. I hope this helps, i agree that the NHS treatment is absolutely useless and i empathise with you all. P.S. Whiteley Clinics obviously.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.