Painful Lesions.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had Hidradenitis Suppurativa for about 6 years now and I sometimes the pain is just unbearable as we all know. 

My underarms are the worst but the sorest lesions are on my inner thighs, sometimes they get so sore I struggle to get comfy in bed or on the sofa so I often find myself with a pillow between my legs for comfort. 

When this happens I reach for pain killers and try different home remedies but most of the time none work so I just have to try and ''deal'' with it. Currently I have been not really been able to leave my bed as it is extremley painful when I move or walk so if anybody has any advice on what to do for extremely painful lesions I would be very grateful. 

Thanks smile 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

See a dermatologist, research Humira.
    • Posted

I see a dermatologist every two weeks but always get the same advice. I've told them that what they suggest doesn't work but they keep pushing the same stuff. 

I will look into Humira. 

Thank you. 

• Posted

I haven't found anything that helps sad I once had it so bad in my groin that I was bed ridden for weeks .... it finally went away idk what I did different but I suggest eliminating dairy and sugar.... I still eat sugar and my HS is bad I'm gonna try going sugar free and see if it helps... I take a lot of meds, doryx, zinc, tumeric birth control but nothing really takes it away mine is always there

• Posted

I've been dairy free for around a year now and it does make a difference. I've not tried to eliminate sugar yet but I think I might try it, i've seen a few people say it helps. 

Thank you! 

• Posted

My daughter has hs and she had food and alergie test done and it showed that she was dairy intolerant and magnesium very low since changing her diet and taking supplements she is almost free. Dairy free and Paolo diet seem to help a lot. And people get into remission. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.