Painful LS worth thin skin and overgrowth of skin over the clitoris

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have become painful and a little itchy. I am concerned that the skin has grown completely over the clitoral area and I have severe narrowing of my vaginal opening. I have stopped using the clob so the only thing I am using is vasolene. Has anyone gone through the skin growing over the entire clitoris?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Trish, 

If the doctor told you to use the Clob, i'd suggest you do. I have some hooding over my clitoral area, which my doctor told me to use the Clob especially there. I also have vaginal narrowing, my OBgyn has me using a vaginal dilator everyday to help stretch my vagina. As a moisturizer i use coconut oil. How long has it been since you have been seen by your doctor?

• Posted

Yes I think many of us have. It does reduce sensation.

As a 73 year old I have learned to live with a less exciting sex life, but we do continue to enjoy being close and loving.I was worried about my urethra being under there too but my GP who is brilliant says that she has never come across anyone who couldn't pass urine because of it so I am happy to be consoled by that.

• Posted

Hi! I’m 73 also. Have you had a biopsy? I haven’t but scheduled for on June 6. I’m so worried about it. Afraid of cancer. My gyn has had me using a steroid and Premin cream on alternate nights. 
    • Posted

Hi Martha, I had a biopsy last June because I had a lesion which would not heal Unfortunately on that occasion the Gyni took the biopsy from the wrong place!! In December he removed the lesion and had it biopsied having told me when he had removed it that he was convinced that it was not Cancer and so it turned out to be thankfully. The original concern was that it would be VIN a precancerous condition. I do hope that all goes well for you. Don't worry about the actual biopsy it really is not too bad and healing is quick.

• Posted

Hi trish, the steroid cream works well when you need it.  I would definitely start using the Clob again, twice a day, perhaps for a week, and then perhaps once a day, then alternate days then less and less until you feel like you are doing better.  With regard to the clitoris area I think I would try putting some Clob cream in that area too it might make a difference, or it might not, everyone has different symptoms.  

Unfortunately, one of the major symptoms of LS is narrowing and reducing of the Vjay.   I have the same problem and there is not much you can do about that apart from using a dilator regularly which then ensures that you will be able to have sex at some point with your partner.

Vaseline is not the best thing to use, its okay, but there are better oils/cream like emu oil, coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.