Painful lt shoulder

Posted , 4 users are following.

My lt shouder is very painful on and off for the last two weeks and recently I have been having pins and needles in my left hand.  I do suffer from neck arthritis and have calcified deposits on rt shoulder.  I had mri 7 yrs ago and it detected a piched nerve and neck arthritis. I am not sure whether the pain is due to pinched nerve or calcified deposits.  No medication seems to work most of the time the pain is manageable but sometimes it is very bad on and off not constant. I am using voltarol gel with no effect.  I have started to use naproxen with no effect as well and it makes me sleepy. I think I will go back to panadol.  My neck feels stiff and most the pain is in lt shoulder blade. I can still do neck exercises and move my left shoulder up and down with no problem,the movement does not seem to be restricted.  When I had an injury and xray showed calcfied deposit on rt shoulder I could not move it at all.  I had this problem before but cannot remember how he got better but I remember seeing a physio.  I do have flare up but it gets better after a couple of weeks.  I willsee gp next week if it does not get better.  Can anybody relate to my symptoms pl?  Thanks 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have issues with cervical arthritis. I have chiropractic treatment once a month maintenance dose. I get severe lower head pressure.
  • Posted

Hi

I can definitely relate. I was diagnosed with frozen shoulder in both shoulders in April 16. I received injections in both which didn't work. My surgeon ordered an MRI of cervical spine and I was advised it was my neck causing both my shoulders to be impringed, to this day I still can't fasten my bra or dress myself properly. I'm awaiting a nerve block to see if I get any relief then possibly an operation on my neck but I also have pins and needles inb3 fingers of both hands. Hope this helps and good luck

• Posted

Hello Marie,

​I have Cervical Spondylosis which was diagnosed, about four or five years ago, by a consultant as the hospital.  My pain is not so severe now but an ache whenever I try to hold my head up ( it constantly drops towards my chest when sitting or reaching forward.  I am on co-codamol, two tablets, four times a day and gels etc do not work for me.  My left arm is affected by my neck, without warning, at any time and my hand goes dead but has a tingling feeling too.  I have been warned that if I do not have fusion my breathing will be affectedlater.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.