Painful Lump

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello.  I'm 36 years old, don't have any children.  I recently noticed a solid, lump on the side of my left breast and both breasts are sore.  I thought it was due to pms but my period has come and was over about 5 days ago and I'm still experiencing soreness and the lump in my left breast is tender to the touch.  My bra is evening making me uncomfortable.

I have an appointment with my doc tomorrow, but was just curious if anyone else has had this experience and could give me some insight.  Naturally, I'm very nervous about this.

(on a side note which might be related to my problem)--I have extreme pms symptoms that seems to last for at lease two weeks before I get my period.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi i too have a similar problem 35yrs old my period came and started with the achy underarm feeling u get my period did last longer than my usual 5days and lasted 8. After my period had gone i could still feel the achiness so i checked my breasts and could feel a lump also in my left breast . My boob is still very achy and tender . I have been to the doctors this morning who has referred me to the breast clinic as she said ny breast does feel lumpy ?? I am not on any type of contraception and am not pregnant i am so worried . Will be a 2 week wait .. hope this helps get yourself to your gp
    • Posted

Thanks for the respone!

Yes, when I went to my doctor she said I she can feel a lot of cysts.

I'm scheduled for a mamogram and sonogram tomorrow.

I will keep you posted on what happens.  I too am not on any birth control or pregnant.  Staying postive!

• Posted

I found a lump in my breast a few weeks ago and it was very painful to touch, I worried myself sick for a few weeks and had an appointment with the breast clinic within 1.5 weeks, he examined both breasts and found the same lump I found and said he didn't think it was anything sinester however would do an ultrasound just incase, the ultrasound was done there and then and although they could feel the lump the scan didn't show up anything at all which I was pleased about! He gave me a leaflet on breast pain and how to manage it but I have to say it is still really painful, sometimes I can't even lay on my side it hurts that much.

Try not to worry yourself to much easier said than done I know x

• Posted

Thanks for the feedback emma93780.  I originally had tests scheduled for this past Saturday but there was a discrepency about the kind of test I need versus what my doc's prescription said.  Ugh!  lol

I'm rescheduled for this Wednesday.

I'm glad to hear that your tests went well and it didn't result into anything serious.  I will update on here once I've had my tests.

Thanks again!

• Posted

Well, I am only 15 and I have this lump only in my right breast. And it hurts just to move it. I am not sexually active or anything. I am no longer pmsing and it still continues. I asked my mom and she said that it might be a clot, and then didn't say anything else. If you can, can you tell me how to get rid of it or at least reduce the pain??

• Posted

Hi Mackenzie 47479,

Please see my response below as this might help you a little.

Try not to stress (easier said then done I know) and go get examined.

That's what I did and it brought me peace of mind.

?Be well!

• Posted

Hello All, 

Thanks again for the feedback and voicing your own concerns.  I just wanted to give an update and maybe this will help others that may be experiencing the same.  I went to my OBGYN and he said that it is more than likely that I have fibrocystic breasts.  The face that it moves and is painful are strong indicators.  I have a sonogram scheduled for this Saturday to confirm his diagnosis.  They also did a sonogram on my stomach/pelvic area and it showed that I have some small firbroids there as well.  For anyone experiencing a lump that is painful, it is probably not dangerous, but please go get examined.  As far as trying to help with the pain part of it.. try to avoid caffeine, nicotine, alchohol as this will exasperate it.  Ibuprophens here and there can help as well (this is just not something you want to take all the time as it can cause damage to other organs, so please only take it when you really have to).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.