Painful lump in tricep area could it be a muscle knot? Please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all..about 5 months ago I noticed a lump in my tricep area (on the muscle that goes from the shoulder to the elbow) you can feel the muscle when you flex. I felt my right muscle and it felt normal but the left muscle feels swollen and feels like a lump in it aswell..the lump was quite small I first noticed it when my sleeve of my top rubbed on it and I felt a sharp pain and realised there was a lump. I went to the doctor who felt it and said she wasnt sure but to wait 2 weeks and come back..well I couldnt wait so I booked another appointment with a different doctor who said it was a cyst..he said that its unlikely to be anything nasty as tumors etc dont grow in that area. he made me feel confident about it so I went away and forgot about it..I had no pain only when something would knock it. during lockdown I have had very bad health anxiety and I was anxious about something else which made me think about the lump..I felt the lump after 5 months of not touching it and I thinks its bigger around 2-3cm and the muscle it sits on is more swollen. I played around with the lump and found a sore area in the lump once I pressed this area my arm became really painful for the rest of the evening like I had aggravated it..I became fixated on it and I had shooting pains twitching where the lump is..the next day I woke up and it wasnt painful I asked my boyfriend to touch the lump to see what he thought and after he pressed it it then really hurt for the whole day. I'm so scared about it I've convinced myself it's a tumour but I've also been reading about muscle knots but are they this painful? today I havent touched the lump but it still hurts and shooting pains. I'm really scared anyone else had this?

thanks for reading

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.