Painful Lump on Anus after antibiotics

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. I was on a 4 week course of Cipro for prostate trouble and now after stopping treatment I have developed a painful lump on my Anus. It is external and hurts tremendously. I have Crohn's Disease so is it common to develope an abcess after antibiotics? Has this happened to anyone else? I am worried it will turn into a fistula. I am also wondering if anyone with CD has had to have a transrectal biopsy of their prostate done? Is it safe for someone with CD? I may have to have a biopsy done so wondering if it is feasable. Any help would be appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Craig

Sorry to hear of your trouble

Could it possibly be a small hemmaroid ? (Piles).

Whatever it is get it checked out asap, as delays can affect treatment

Good luck mate x

• Posted

Probably not as my lymph nodes on the same side are swelling as well. This really sucks. I hate going in for exams down there.
  • Posted

Oh bless you I know what you mean...its so horrible isn't it? But you must just take a deep breath and think of England!

Make an appointment first thing tomorrow, you don't want to have to put up with that mate.

Good luck x

• Posted

Yea, I will call my doctor Monday. Not sure what you mean about England though. I live in the Pacific Northwest USA. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.