Painful middle finger and base of finger what could it be ??

Posted , 2 users are following.

A few weeks ago I had terrible pain in my middle finger/left hand ...I really thought I had broken it but hadnt done anything to break it....couldn't bare to touch it.  It did eventually calm down but was still sore.  Now though the base of my middle finger on the fleshy part is very painful and I can't bend my finger very well and is stopping me holding a cup or the kettle even stopping me wringing out a cloth.  I have been diagnosed with carpal tunnel but I thought that was in the wrist and hand .....(have had carpal tunnel for nearly 30years) but this doesn't seem the same.....has anyone had this or got any idea what it could be or is it a part of carpal tunnel I just done know off???... 

Thanks in advance for any advice/help X 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.