cant have anymore steroid injections,

had x ray awaiting another scan then consultant to discuss

terrified of operation as live alone

cant sleep, motion range limited and painful

any advice? thanks 👍

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

@jane99476 I had a full rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder 20 years ago and it just keeps on ticking. Now I am scheduled for another full rotator cuff tear on my left shoulder. The two things that stand out in my mind is make sure you have some good medication for the pain. especially for the first 3 to 5 days after surgery. The 2nd thing is make sure you do your physio therapy as instructed. This is important to get your full motion of your shoulder going.

Do you have anyone, that can maybe ck on you on a daily basis just in case you need anything?

Just plan your meals ahead before you go to surgery. Remember, while your shoulder is healing you still have another hand.

It does seem scary, especially when we live alone but as humans we do adapt. All the best with everything. -jim

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.