Painful quads after RTKR and MUA

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi

I had a RTKR on 16th December and was really struggling with the bend due to a massive build up of scar tissue from this and previous surgeries. Therefore I had an MUA on Saturday.  Straight after the procedure the bend was fantastic and I went on the CPM and managed to get 110 degrees bend.  I was discharged the same day.

i woke up on Sunday with everything hurting and feeling very low and couldn't stop crying.  I am now struggling with getting my bend back, I seem to have gone backwards :-( My quad muscles are very tight and painful. I am persevering with my exercises every hour but I am getting very frustrated.  I have physio tonight and I am dreading it!

i asked the hospital if I could borrow a CPM machine but they don't let them out of the hospital.  I have researched if I can hire one but it's going to cost approx £250+ a week! 

Well..... That's me! Sorry it's a bit long-winded, I guess I just wanted to vent to somebody who totally understands and to possibly gain a little advice :-)

Thanks all

Em

xx

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had a MUA on Friday, also with a femoral nerve block, so I was feeling no pain for my first 2 therapy sessions and got my bend to 127 (from 98). But now that the block has worn off my quad muscle is extremely sore. So much so that I couldn't do exercises this afternoon, though I got to 122 at my session this morning. Now it hurts really badly unless I just sit still. My surgeon was not interested in a CPM machine but wants me to have therapy every day for 10 days. I've had 4, and did exercises at home for the first 3 days but I think that's over. I'm going to plead for mercy when I go in tomorrow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.