Painful rash and surrounding area

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

Does anyone know what this is. It appeared around 10 days ago on my side approximately 4 inches below my armpit and approximately 3 inches from my breast. All the surrounding tissue is sore to touch, and the whole area is very painful. I have been using an anticeptic cream but it is not clearing up.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks

Roxi

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It might be shingles.  You should see a doctor to have a proper diagnosis.
  • Posted

I agree, it could be Shingles, go and see your GP and if you can't get an appointment, go and see a Phamacist.
  • Posted

This is not a major worry as this may be due to some dead cells or necrosis of cells, will take 7 to 10 days to heal from inside. Use antibiotic and analgesic pills for 7 to 10 days to treat this issue.
  • Posted

Thank you for your replies. I have made an appointment to see my GP next week. The side of my breast is sore and tender now, which I don't think is a good sign. It might just be that any infection has spread.
    • Posted

Did you say this to the doctor's receptionist?  Next week is a long time, see if you can talk to the duty GP and s/he might ask you to go in.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.