Painful red flaky rash on the back of my neck, ears, eyes and cheeks. It's only getting worse

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys.

Nov 2015 was the first time I had broke out into a red rash which covered my neck.

May 2016 it spread to my face covering my eyes and my cheeks.

July 2016 it spread to my ears.

This rash is extremely painful and is only getting worse.

I've been to the doctor since November 2015 and have used every cream possible.

If there is some way for me to post a photo let me know so that you can see the extent to which it has developed.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

To add a photo reply to your own post and click on the 'photo' icon on the top right just above the text input area.

Note that the icon is only availabe when using the 'desktop site'. If you are using a phone or tablet you have to enable the option 'Request desktop site' on the settings panel of your browser.  

• Posted

Hi

I'd suggest you look into TSW/RSS if you used steroid creams or steroid tablets etc.

Alternatively it could be an allergy. For this it's best to stop using anything on it, which sounds horrendous but will help. Then get patch testing.

God bless

• Posted

Hey there,

My son went through the same thing. Doctors don't have a cure, they'll give steroid based creams and lotions that don't really work. The problem with my son was that he had a vitamin B12, vitamin A and omegas deficiency. He is currently taking vitamin B12 shots and vitamin A and omega 3,6 supplements. His skin has cleared up substantially.

Good luck.

• Posted

This also breaks out on my face. It's extremly painful sad 

Regarding steriod creams.. I have exhausted all possible creams and they don't seem to do anything. 

John, is there any foods your son is eating to help? Maybe it's a diet issue although I try to eat as much fruit and veg as possible. 

• Posted

Yes, fresh vegetable juice, stay away from processed foods and stay away from sweets.it is hard to stay away from those types of foods since about 85% of food that is sold in stores have been processed one way or the other. Keep in mind that our body is made of nutrients and not medicine. So, there is nothing a doctor can give you that'll correct your skin. You won't see a change right away by this diet since it takes a while for your body to get rid of all toxins but at the end is well worth it.

Good luck!

• Posted

Does it stay red and inflamed like on the photo or does it go through a dry phase in which the skin develops flakes?

If you have tried all sorts of creams and they did not help it might be related to a contact dermatitis. In that case, the skin condition will only improve after you eliminate any contact with the allergen/skin irritant. 

You could try to use the mildest soaps, shampoo and skin products you can possible find. Try to avoid those that contain sulphonated fatty acids (Lauryl Sulphate, Laureth Sulphate, Coco Sulphate, etc). These are very harsh to the skin and are known irritants. Even some toothpastes contain these harsh foaming agents. 

In general, use cosmetic products and cleaning products with as few ingredients as possible. It will make it easier to find out if you are allergic to a specific ingredient. 

You could also set your washing machine to perform an extra rinse cycle when doing your laundry. Avoid fabric softeners as they are added to the last rinse cycle. Try to eliminate as much detergent as possible from your laundry. (Residual detergent on a shirt collar might worsen the skin irritation on your neck.) 

Like Bellla suggested it would be good to have your dermatologist perfom an allergy test.

• Posted

Did you look into TSW/RSS?

And as I said also contact allergies or even systemic allergy like snas

Plus airborne allergies but the others are more likely.

• Posted

Hi,

I agree that this could be a contact allergy to a shampoo or conditioner as this is similar to a rash that I had for 2 years.  I've just been patch tested at hospital and found that I'm allergic to a chemical called MI.  This is a chemical preservative found in soaps, shampoos, cleaning products to name but a few. Other common allergens are parabens and SLS according to the dermatologist, but I was patch tested for 95!. I'm so relieved that I found an answer to something that I was being given stronger and stronger medication for and could have been avoided had I just been patch tested straightaway. Hope you find an anwer soon as well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.