Painful red sores on my toes

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey, I've got little shiny hard red itchy marks on my toes about a cm in diameter. They're really itchy, and it would be great if I could find out what they are. Does anyone know? cheers

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Your description is a little vague. Do they look like blisters? Are any of them open? Is there puss or other fluids oozing or weeping out of them? Are they raised or under the skin? Is there scabbing? When you say painful, do you mean sharp, stabbing pain, or a dull ache or do you have any burning sensations?

From the description you gave it sounds like it might be Chiblains. It's usually brought on by cold weather and will go away on its own after a week or so. How long have you had these marks? And do they appear anywhere else on your body?

• Posted

They're closed and raised and hurt when I press them hard or wear shoes. It's a dull pain I suppose and just really uncomfortable
    • Posted

Hmm, well it still sounds like it's probably Chilblains, which can be pretty itchy and painful. and it will probably get worse before it gets better, sorry. To be sure, I would make an appointment with a dermatologist or even your family doctor to make sure it isn't something you need to be really worried about, ie diabetes, NLD, or foot ulcers. If it is Chilblains the biggest concern is infection, especially if the skin breaks on any of the lesions.

Do you only have these on your toes? And how long have you had them?

• Posted

THE POSSIBLITY TO BE PERNIOSIS IS IN DOUBT AS IT IS SINGLE LEASION and in case of chilblains it will be pain more than itching not like this case. please if it is okay, put a picture then we may have able to comment on it. if it is feasible

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.