painful sex and terribly itchy skin

Posted , 7 users are following.

help needed. Sex hurts, and then the anxiety of pain makes it put me off even trying. What have any of you done? My partner is normally understanding but as a man can only understand so much. Im due to be married soon and this is so upsetting. Apart from that the constant dry skin and itching is driving me nuts. 

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello suzy. This must be so upset for you and your anxiety is probably making things worse. Have you see a doctor about you symptoms? I had a similar problem to you and when I saw the doctor he told me I had a urine infection. I had antibiotics and everything was back to normal. You could have an infection of some description.
    • Posted

i have an upcoming appointment so will get that checked outsmile So many symptoms with this peri, who can keep up lol

• Posted

Hi hun

Not thrush is it ?

See a doctor hun

Jay x

• Posted

Hi jay. The gel I bought over the counter is sensilube which is good and moisturising especially good if walking about as sometime I feel as if I'm eating my pants. Lol. think it is made by durex and in a small pump like bottle. Thd other one I got from doc was replens that come with applicator.

Hope this helps.

Jerry

• Posted

Hi jerry 

thanks hun, i was only curious as to what the doc gave you..

incase it was something i hadnt heard of 

i didnt like replens vag moisturiser, white and clumpy next day .. Ugh

but thanks for sharing 

jay x

• Posted

i mixed two symptoms together. The itchy dry skin is all over my body, not associated with pain and sex.
  • Posted

Hi Suzy.

I have the same problem and it just started a few months ago. I don't want to go down the hrt route as yet I only have hot flashes and some night sweat. I don't suffer anything like these ladies on here. I got some over the counter gel like cream which I put on maybe twice a day. Went to doc. Gave me a moturising cream that you insert which is fine. When I comes to sex the Normal lubs like ky and the other massage lub nips at entrance. But once I sort of get going (sorry). It does ease off. I also read in a menapause book. More frequent helps !!!! Don't know about that.

I hope this has been of some use to you.

Good luck. Jerry

• Posted

Suzy

Premeno duo vaginally ovules are good

Moisturise vaginally ..

I am post meno and use these sometimes.

From stress no more uk site

I tried the replens thats awful for me turns white and clumpy Ugh

pjur woman glide is great too ..

Apply to him before aswell if you know what i mean ☺️

Jay x

• Posted

ty, i have only heard of replens. Thanks for the info lol

• Posted

Hi Jerry

good description ( nips at first) thats been me to a tee 😒

sometimes sore after too ..i wont say anymore 😞

oh to be a woman ..

Like you say theres stuff to help, its finding the right one 

i am post meno now ( age 50) didnt have HRT but i use estriol cream

( ovestin cream and vaginal ovules on occassion too )  Gyno suggestion, it keeps vaginal skin plump and external bits plump and vag entrance skin healthy and not think. i dont like HRT for me as high risk, but this is so helpful for occassional use, desperate times ..

what was the cream the doc gave you jerry if you dont mind me asking 

jay x

• Posted

Typo..

Healthy and not thin ( i put not think ) durr..

jayx

• Posted

Good to know as well jay thsnk you. No I don't mind. Out if the house just now. But I will post as soon as a get home.
    • Posted

Replens for me too turned white and clumpy.

it did work at one time but like some AV sufferers what works at one time turns into a sensitive cream another time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.