Painful skin due to yeast?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Little bit of backstory: 3 month ago it started to itch and burn around my vulva, mostly my clitoral hood. After 2 weeks it turned into lots of pain and swelling in this area. There was a stinging pain in my clitoral hood and it was weeping sometimes. I think there are also some small cuts. It even hurts while walking/sitting.

2-3 weeks ago I bought some medication for yeast. It contained 3 tablets and a cream with 2% clotrimazole. After the third day all of my pain was almost completely gone but not for long. Maybe 2-3 days later it started to get more painful again. I started to use the cream again and apply it 2-3 times a day for over 10 days now. It made the pain better but it just doesn't go away completely. It only hurts when I touch it directly. It's not as painful as before but I can't enjoy stimulation with this pain. I'm still a virgin but I want to have sex soon with my bf but I'm sad because I wouldn't be able to enjoy it due to the pain(masturbation hurts as well).

Do you think it's really yeast? Or do I just need stronger medication? I also need to say the cream should be applied 3 times a day but I only creamed it once a day because I misread it. Maybe that's the reason? I never had a yeast infection before or problems down there in general. It just makes me so sad. 😦

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

have you taken a pessary or thrush tablets to actually treat the infection? cream helps relieve symptoms of itching and pain but wont cure the actual infection. id advise going to ur doctor if u can and getting a thrush swab test to ensure it is that (although if ur a virgin most likely is). what is ur discharge like regarding smell, consistency and colour?

• Posted

Ameliamoo has given you good advice.You need to be swabbed properly for a diagnosis and correct treatment.If left Thrush can be difficult to clear but dont carry on treating it yourself you could make matters worse.Were the 3 tablets for vaginal insertion?If so,did you use them all?

• Edited

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, I have used the (vaginal) tablet's as well, 1 each day + cream. I called a gynecologist before and she said I should try this medication.

It helped with a lot of my issues. My itching was and still is gone and the parts of my vulva that were red aren't red anymore. Just the pain in my clitoral hood won't go away(but got better), it's also still swollen/red sometimes.

My discharge was/is kinda yellowish/creamy and smelled (I think) normal. After wearing my underwear for just a few hours I can already see some yellow stuff in there. I don't think I had that before. But it's not always and when I wear dark underwear I wouldn't notice it.

I'm trying to see a gynecologist soon but it's kinda hard right now.

So I should stop using the cream? I'm kinda scared it starts to hurt so much again

• Posted

Additional info: I also had some white stuff around my vulva every now and then

• Posted

Here's a picture. Maybe you can notice anything?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.