Painful sore on vagina - please help, photo attached

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi. 

For the past two days I've felt really like I've got a really sore spot on my labia. I've realised I've got like an open wound. It doesn't burn but it does sting a lot when anything touches it (including when I move around in bed at night or whilst I'm walking), kind of like if you've cut or grazed yourself. 

I've not had sex for about two weeks, and that was with my boyfriend who I've been in a long term relationship for about 4 years. I'm pretty sure he hasn't cheated on me so I don't know how it could be a STD? In addition, it's only just come up in the last couple of days. 

I don't know whether I've just caught myself on my pants / jeans and created some irritation which has then not healed because it's like warm and always covered down there?

Obviously from googling wounds in that area I'm paranoid it's herpes - could it be? Neither me or my boyfriend have ever had coldsores - and as I mentioned, I don't think he's cheated on me. And if he has, the only time he would of been able to was approximately 3 months ago when I was on holiday (as I live with him). We have had sex quite a few times since then and I've had no symptoms or sores or anything until the last two days. 

Please help!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It doesn't look like herpes to me, but I'd get checked out if I were you.  You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for your response.

The next appointment available for my nearest GUM clinic isn't till June and I'm going to struggle getting into the doctors with work - I currently registered in my hometown however I'm away with work for a few weeks Monday to Friday.

I actually sent a photo into "Dr Ed", some online doctors, and paid for a photo consultation but they cancelled my consultation and refunded the fee with a comment saying they're in this instance unable to provide a diagnosis on my photo.

I suppose I'll have to wait a few days to see if it clears up / the pain subdues and if not take to a walk in centre.

• Posted

That's strange as GUM clinics have a target of offering appointments within 48 hours.  You could try a different one I suppose.

It's hard enough to get people to go and get tested anyway, without making them wait weeks for an appointment. sad

I don't know much about Dr Ed, but they seem to have good reviews, and it sounds like a point in the favour if they refunded your fee.  Of course that means that what you have may be difficult to diagnose.

I'd try and find a different GUM clinic if I were you, though if the closest one is too busy, the others nearby might be busy too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.