Painful stomach while and after eating ( prevents me from eating:( )

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have a strong pain in my stomach (just below my ribcage), from when I start eating till my stomach empties, and it really prevents from eating.

I actually felt the same pain yesterday but I just ignored it, today I had a cookie for breakfast and I felt pain for a good hour (I haven't eaten in 6 hours now and I'm nauseous )

My questions:

Is it okay if I eat now?

What could it be?is it smth I should be concerned about?

Please help!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If it has just started it can be some bacterial infection. Doctor's prescribed antibiotics should cure it in 15-20 days.

If it lasts longer than a month and antibiotics are not curing it, it can be something like hpylori infection. You will need to get a test done, like breath-test or stool test to verify. You should avoid eating things like bread, cookies (bakery products) as they increase the pain and nausea during this infection.

• Posted

How long have you had these symptoms? Have you tried a food diary to see if certain foods are causing pain? There seems to be a link between eatlng and the pain. See your doctor who will be able to answer your questions. Your symptoms could be caused by any number of things. Your doctor will be able able to help you more.

• Posted

Hi pasdenon9

Try having a small bowl of oats and lactose free milk for breakfast. It seems that something in what you at is not agreeing with you. Can you think back when this all started?..do keep a food diary as has been suggested, you may be intolerant if certain foods. Are you taking any medications?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.