Painful toe

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just been told I have Raynaulds in my little toe which is very painful I have been limping about for weeks as I can't put any pressure on the foot or where any closed in shoes due to to the pain this is very annoying due to the fact I've been told to wrap up and keep warm find it hard to do so as can't put boots on. I've stopped smoking (stressful) & been put on nifedipine 10mg every 4 hours but nothing has changed & im feeling so depressed I've never felt pain like it How much more of this I can take I just don't no I'm in pain as I write this. Can anybody give me advise on how long before this pain will ease please? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, If you did not warm up the foot within a hour, you may have perminent nerve damage.  It feels like a bad burn, except it will last for a few months. I was stupid enough to let it happen, but now I have learned. It also could be gout (if it is warm to the touch).
  • Posted

One other person indicatd that she needed 90mg Nifedipine (a high side), she said less did not work
  • Posted

Thanks Tim I think you maybe right about the damage as due to waiting for test results bloods,scans etc I didn't no to warm my foot up within this time period. I no this isn't gout due to foot is cold plus my husband has had spouts of gout. I guess the dosage of nifedipine needs to be increased. 

• Posted

I take 90 mg of nifedipine in a one pill a day time release thing.  It works.  See if they'll upgrade your dose.  All I have to do is to keep my hands warm.  I haven't had any in my toes. 
  • Posted

I do think I need the 90mg nifedipine I have seen on here that others are on a higher dose & it works for them shall speak to my doctor as i just can't go on with normal life at the moment which is causing me stress which I really shouldn't have with my high BP & now Raynaulds it makes me want to have a cigarette & I no I must not  smoke I'm going round in circles. 
  • Posted

Another month on & I'm still in pain with my toe & toe is very dark purple underneath I'm now on high dosage of nifedipine which I will say is helping I don't get as many flare ups as I was getting but what I do have now is a constant dull pain day & night with numbness & pins & needless under my foot. Doctor doesn't seem to think I've gangrene in my toe when I told him my concerns.no painkillers seem to work either feeling so low & very emotional with the lack of sleep 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    • Posted

Don't worry too much, the toe will stop hurting in a few more weeks. It will be somewhat numb after this. For myself, the outer skin pealed off and then it grew back. Just don't let it stay cold for more than 15 minutes.
    • Posted

Thanks for the feed back Tim have bought foot warmers to put in my shoes I'm trying to keep my toe as warm as I can at all times I am praying for warmer weather which I hope will help. this raynaulds is a real nightmare.

how long have you had raynaulds Tim ?? And have you got it in both hands & feet ?? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.