Painful urination for 4 years!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok so, for around 4 years i have had painful urination. At first i suspected it was a uti, as did my gp. I was given a course of antibiotics which did not help. I was then tested for std which came back all clear. My uribe was sent off for further testing, again all clear.

My gp then sent me to a urologist who also couldnt figure out what the problem was.

So, 2 years ago i had an operation to dilate my urethra, as my urologist thought this may help my problem. Also they had a look inside my bladder and saw no problems.

Unfortunately the surgery did not help and i am still suffering.

The pain happens mid- urinating and will last up to 20 minutes after i have finished. The pain feels very low down, like in my urethra, nowhere near my bladder area (i think). The pain sometimes is eased when i sit on back the toilet, when o do this, tiny drops of urine will come out.

This does not happen all the time. I can have days where i will urinafe absolutely fine, then others i can be on the toilet for 20 mins because of the pain.

I am literally so desperate for this to stop and is affecting my work, everyday life.

Can anyone give me an insight to what this may be?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chelsea, has anyone said that it could be Interstitial Cystitis - sounds like it could be? Antibiotics do nothing for IC. I suffered with IC and my last IC flare up was 7 years ago. Since taking Aloe Vera and Serrapetase I've been 'cured' . Aloe Vera is not the ordinary tablets - it has to be freeze dried and only the inner leaves used which makes it more expensive than the usual tablets. If you purchase from USA they can  cost about 100$ but I get mine from the UK (Pukka brand) and only about 14 pounds a bottle. Don't forget that Cranberry and Green Tea are not good for IC so avoid any products. Worth a try eh?

Regards

Jean 

• Posted

Ahh brill! This has never been mentioned to me as a possibility.

I am from the UK so i will give them ago! Anything to help at the moment.

Thank you!!

• Posted

Hi Chelsea, don't waste your money buying Aloe Vera that's not the Pukka brand - I get mine from two places Dolphin Fitness (free postage) and Naturisimo (free postage) online and they both offer the best prices. Take them with Serrapeptase. For the first day take 2 Serrapeptase tablets every 2 hours - they really do take came of inflammation in the bladder.

Serrapeptase can be bought from any Herbalist and they are perfect to clear inflammation in any part of the body especially the bladder - and NO I am not an agent for these products ha ha!!

Let me know if and when you give them a try - Good Luck

Jean X

Good Luck and let me know when you give them a try.

• Posted

hi . did you find any solution to your problem . i an having problem where i have to strain before urine comes out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.