painfull joints

Posted , 1 user is following.

i have a problem with my knuckals and finger joints it started in my left hand my knuckal on my finger turn a red move colour and painfall to touch i now get it in both hands any joints also in my elbows and wrists its diffrent every day can also have realy painfull knees that come and go sorry about the spelling lol

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This sounds like you need a referral to a rheumatologist this sounds like rheumatoid athritis
    • Posted

i thought it might be its so radom everyday is diffent sometimes my knuckels hurt if i touch them and they look a movie red colour i can go to bed and wake up with my wrist and elbow hurting another day i will get out of bed and my knees are really painfull i dont no from one day to the next what part will hurt that day lol
    • Posted

ok i will go to docs today the most painfull is my left elbow
  • Posted

well get your GP to do some blood tests and maybe refer you at same time  . Probably do these tests

Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR)

In an ESR test, a sample of your red blood cells is placed into a test tube of liquid. The cells are then timed to see how fast they fall to the bottom of the tube (measured in millimetres per hour). If they are sinking faster than usual, you may have an inflammatory condition, such as rheumatoid arthritis.

C-reactive protein (CRP)

A CRP test can indicate if there is inflammation anywhere in the body by checking how much CRP is present in your blood. CRP is produced by the liver. If there is more CRP than usual, there is inflammation in your body.

Full blood count

The full blood count will measure your red cells to rule out anaemia. Anaemia is a condition where the blood is unable to carry enough oxygen, due to a lack of blood cells.

Anaemia is common in people with rheumatoid arthritis, although the problem can have many causes, so having anaemia does not prove that you have rheumatoid arthritis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.