Painfull Palpitation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys its me again, Today i suffered from PAINFUL PALPITATION and its scares me a lot, i though Im having heart attack. can you assure me that this is nothing? PLEASEEE!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dani,

Go see your doctor and ask for a 24 hour ambulatory ECG monitor to check your heartbeats.

Palpitatations are normal part of anxiety.

• Posted

The odds of a young person having a heart attack is practically zero.

From your previous posts,  you seem to be suffering from severe health anxiety. I think you could really benefit from some counseling on this. Trying to manage this by yourself is very difficult and people on  this site can't do much other than say we are here for you. Those are great intentions but they're not going to help you overcome this. You need some guidance and One on one counseling.

The thing is, many people with anxiety focus only on the symptoms.  Then I get more inches and have more symptoms.

Anxiety symptoms are not going to hurt you.

The problem is most people don't know how to manage the anxiety but if they did, the symptoms would diminish or go away altogether.  That's why I suggest counseling. 

I hope you're able to do that. In the meantime do some slow long deep breathing and stay active  so you're not thinking about your anxiety 24 seven. 🌸🌸🌸

• Posted

I had serious palpitations like heart attack before. Now I am fine. I only have once non serious palpitations per week.

You will be fine.

The way I got rid of it is

1/ see a psychiatrist do some mindfulness exercise like body scan

2/ take meds

3/ write diary - put down the incidents when your heart when crazy , the cause, and the solution to mitigate it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.