Painkiller Tapentadol ...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on various painkillers including Tramadol and OXYCODONE which did not work....my Consultant prescribed Tapentadol. allowing me to up the dosage gradually until I had some relief from the terrible pain I am having.

Has anyone used this painkiller successfully please....? I would just like some respite from this constant pain...only started today on 50 mg every 12 hours, and so far absolutely no change to the pain. would love to hear a success story !!!!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Is this before or after surgery?

Where is the pain?

• Posted

Hi Rocketman

Before surgery.Hip and both knees. Back to Hospital tomorrow for further X-rays

Acute pain in hip, groin and all down front of leg to ankle almost !

Can only stand a few minutes and not sleeping properly. 😦

• Posted

Ouch !

I do hope you get sorted out quickly, acute pain is nasty, and wears you down very quickly.

• Posted

i looked it up and its a extended release tablet.i have taken meds similar in US with morphine/ oxy /tylenol a slow release helped with covering the pain thru longer pain episodes. just makes me itch ugh! i hope this helps the pain for you, and very sorry your going thru knee and hip pain at once. kinds been my winter so far ..I almost want to say welcome to the club . many with arthritic joint pain comes all at once especially in cold wet winters. be sure to update us how your doing .

some day there may be better treatment for arthritis pain. i remember in only a few years ago before biologics designed for RA ,psoriatic arthritis other immune diseases, there was little to no treatment. today has many new meds and tomorrow who knows what the future will bring. always keep hope for the next generation.

• Posted

Hi

Thank you for your reply.....well, I was led to believe this type of tablet, like OXYCODONE etc should kick in within half an hour to one hour, but so far absolutely no difference at all. I shall up the dosage and hopefully get some relief...Oh for some respite. 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.