Painless bartholin cyst, what cured mine after nearly 7weeks!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've pretty much read all the forums and scoured the entire internet. This is my 3rd cyst in 12 mo the but the first time I felt no pain. When I first noticed the bump on my left labia I panicked, remembering the horrendous pain I had been through just I the before. The NHS waiting times were just too long and I couldn't afford to go private. I tried everything (phoebes remedy, sitz baths, massages, magnesium sulphate paste, etc.) the cyst remained the size of a large grape for 4weeks. I'm not sure if it was simply a matter of patience or it was the actual supplements I took but I swear on either serappeptase or silica complex but I took both (exceeding the recommended intake of one a day. I immediately noticed a difference, though very small, the next couple of days. I took it three times a day, if you can avoid having sex I'd advise it...but I struggled not to and this probably set me back a few days. Anyway...its 99% gone now !

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm so glad it worked for you. These are no fun!!!! Sex set me back as well. Soreness for days but if you wait it's worth it. I hope everyone can get this silica complex and have it work too!
    • Posted

It's the absolute worst, I was actually depressed. Worst thing is no one understands. Even when it's painless. I never ever comment online but I fixed mine with help from strangers so anything I can do to help I will!
  • Posted

I tried all the above including serrapetase, silica and biotin but after my 5th abcess I had to just accept that if the cyst is infected, none of those things would do the job. I am now 6 weeks post-marsupulisation and still not quite out the woods (despite intensive antibiotics)...due to see the consultant tomorrow so hoping she has a plan B sad
    • Posted

I feel like there is no actual proven solution 😢 everything is a hit and miss. I had a marsupialisation last June and was recovered and on holiday 3days after
    • Posted

Do you know if your gland was removed? I was back at work on the Monday (had it done on a Thursday) , just don't understand why it continues to weep (TMI!). I've been on 2 lots of antibiotics post-op and 7 lots pre-op...not sure I have any 'good bacteria' left in my bod after that lot! Hey ho...will see what the consultant says tomorrow, glad you had success though smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.