Painless throbbing when laying down

Posted , 2 users are following.

for the past few weeks I have had a painless throbbing sensation when laying down. it happens whenever I lay on my back and sometimes on my side(not nearly as much) at first I thought it was my heart racing, but I checked my pulse and that wasn't it. the "pulsing" radiates up my spine and into my neck. I went to to doctor and they said I had a pinched nerve in my left shoulder. im not convinced, and it is worrisome

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

HI Sarah, I have pinched nerves in my back as i have disc problems and i have tingling, burning, sometimes a cold creeping sensation in my legs. I've never had anything i would describe as 'throbbing'. I have had muscle spasms and that can feel like throbbing but it's more an intermittent fluttering feeling in a muscle. Is that maybe what you feel? Do you have muscle tightness etc in your shoulder or why does your Gp think you've trapped a nerve in it?

• Posted

Hello!

It really could be a muscle spasm that I'm feeling, I just didn't know how to describe it other than a throb, or even a pulsating feeling. As far as my shoulder goes, it is tight and they had me move my arm a certain way when i was in the office. The pain that I had when I did they convinced them it was a pinched nerve. But I do have back pain and I work at a job where I sit at a desk all day and will admit I don't have the best posture. I just wonder if it all comes down to my back.

I have noticed that I've had a tingling sensation in my legs as well.

• Posted

It could be your back. The other way i would describe muscle spasms is like a bubbling feeling. If you've got tingling in your legs it could be a symptom of a back issue too, particularly if it's tingling on one side more than the other. I've had lots of weird symptoms with my back, I've been told i have hip arthritis, compartment syndrome and varicose veins. None of which proved to be the case, i instead have several disc herniations but i had 2 Mri scans to find that out. Best of luck and i hope you feel better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.