Painless white bump? Pics included

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

so i noticed this bump a fee days ago and I'm very curious as to what this is. there is no pain or discomfort of any kind with it. In the center of the bump looked like a small pimple and when I picked at it a small salt/sand grain sized white came out( same color as pimple goo but not the same consistancey) I last had sex a little over two months ago.

imageimage

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

also, 27 years old, the white thing was solid and not water or gooey at all and these pictures are pre me picking at it.

• Posted

These are a common occurance, you may have caught it the last time you shaved the are, or they can develop on their own. They are either a blocked skin pore, infected hair folicle or sebaceous gland.

Get yourself some liquid antiseptic (cream or lotion versions are no good for this) and dab some undiluted directly onto this 3 or 4 times a day. It should start to reduce within 3 days - then dab 1 or 2 times a day until it is completely healed .....

• Posted

shaved the "are" = area

• Posted

Thanks for your assistance! I wish I had posted here before I decided picking at it was a good idea.

• Posted

Will the antiseptic help heal up the damage I caused from picking at it or do I just have to let that work it's self out? Theres some redness now because I picked the skin open. My unchecked anxiety lead to me worsening things.

• Posted

Yes, the liquid antiseptic is all you need .....

• Posted

Thank you for help and patience! I do notice some improvement already today.

• Posted

Many males panic when they see things like this, I deal with things like this on a regular basis - they are most often easily put right by the regular application of liquid antiseptic - as I say, simply keep applying until it is completely gone .....

• Posted

so after applying antiseptic the bump seemed to have gone away but then last week or the week before the bump came back but more red in color this time. It appeared to have "popped" at some point ( i woke up one more with a a small amount fresh blood in that area), there was a scab and now it appears like the skin is healing. Does this still sound in line with what you described previously? Still no pain, itch, etc.

• Posted

Have you been applying liquid antiseptic? In the UK my go to product is TCP, if you happen to be elsewhere in the world the liquid antiseptic could be of a different strength. So as the other responder suggests, rubbing alcohol could be something to try, or a different liquid antiseptic to the one you have been using.

So, there are two things from what you say: i.) what it is you are applying and the relevant frequency of application (again, this is linked to strength) this will determine the ability of the wound to heal - you may need to apply more frequently during a flare-up

ii.) you mention irritation, and you say about shaving the area, you could take a break from shaving the area where the bump is, or change your method of shaving - I use a wet shave method, I use older razors that I have used on my face for my pubic hair as they have lost their sharpness and do not irritate my pubic skin so much as a really sharp razor. I then apply a good quality after shave balm as this cools the skin and deals with any general skin irritation.

The other source of irritation, as you mention, could be the heat - here you may need to experiment with clothing options or other ways of dealing with issues related to sweat

• Posted

Look like a razor bump I get them from time to time before you shave make her you put warm water down there. After you're done wash off with dial soap and a little rubbing alcohol

• Posted

Thanks for your reply! I think the poster above hit it with a clogged skin pore etc. When I shave, I use a trimmer with a guard so that seems unlikely. Its also been unusually hot in my area and Ive been sweating alot.

• Posted

hey guys so ling story shot ive had the exact same bumps and its been really taking a toll on me. i thought i had simply gotta an std and there are so many little white bumps. i left them untreated because i live in america and you probably know that the healthcare system isnt that good here. its been almost 3 years since i first noticed these bumps and they almost look the same as when i first got them. can i still treat them with the liuqid anitseptic or would i have to see a dermitologest to get the evaluated?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.