Pains

Posted , 6 users are following.

Any advice, I suffer really bad with health anxiety and today I keep getting a niggley pain in my chest snd when I poke it it hurts. I was lifting heavy furniture on Wednesday so it could be that. No other symptoms

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Where on your chest? If it's in the center or front right or left side it could be either a slight cold or muscle strain although you may also feel muscular pain near your arm pits which would suggest you lifted something heavy.

• Posted

Middle chest plus the muscles down the right side of my neck ache.pains aren't there all the time. Took paracetamol and it eases it

• Posted

Hi Karen

Probably is from the heavy lifting, will be going after a few days and if not you can have the dr check it..is this anxiety that takes over and makes everything 10 times worstsmile 

Everyhting will bi ok..i wish to get like that all the time it will get bettersmile

• Posted

Thanks for your reasurrence Maria, I throught it was through lifting cause only got it this morning and did the heavy lifting Wednesday night. But like you say anxiety takes over yet again xx
    • Posted

I know is so hard! i use to be at the doctors office every few days till he told me i need to go get a life and stop worrying about constantly getting sick!!! 

i got another doctor instead LOL.. i'm trying to make you smile.. 

i still get the anxiety but not as severe as before and i swear what stopped it no more caffeine, sugars, and alcohol!!! and taking a vit D everydaysmile For me right now is that i hate travelling away from home, as much as i loved to travel all over the place i'm getting sick just thinking to go visit my daughter 3 hours away... 

You will be oksmile just breath and let all the bad thoughts out of your mind

Hope you feel better xxx

• Posted

Lol you made me smile Maria thank you. I must admit my dr is fantastic, she really does listen. Plus I'm going through menapause now, that's what started my anxiety off again. I start counselling next week so hopefully that will help. Take care and thank you again x

• Posted

Hi Karen ,  i see  you posted this  about a month  ago. Coincidentally ,almost the same time i began getting  really nasty chest and rib pain.Mine started off as discomfort ,and became so nasty i couldn1t sleep ,walked v slowly ,and wanted to hod myself ,as everything i did  seemed to agravate this pain.

​I eventually saw my gp (I first put it down to fibromyalgia) ,but gp said ,whilst  FMS patients  can be more prone to this ,it`s not an actual  fibro pain ,but costochondritis.

​Just finding that out helped me not to worry so much.He  also  gave me naproxen..Unfortunately  these helped a little ,but ,despite having omoprezole for my stomach ,they upset it badly ,plus i came out in ulcers all around my mouth.

​My next apt with my gp isn`t until  28th march.Anybody know of anything  else i might  consider to help the pain ,without awful  side  effects? Btw ,hope  you`re  feeling much better now ,and your pain has eased considerably?xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.