Pains

Posted , 4 users are following.

ive been having lower left abdominal pains last few weeks and was that bad I went to a and e on Tuesday morning, on Monday night I had sharps pains and when I walked it was worse, they did bloods other test all ok, I was sent home 😭 I had a scan today and every thing seems ok they couldnt check for hernia as needed a different machine and can't pick up abrasions, I'm a bit upset as still no answers to the pain now it looks like back to doctors, I had my hysterectomy last may, has anyone else had these pains ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I had my op last April and was healing great. Started back at work in sept and by end of first week I stood up and felt like something had torn in side on left side. Every time I bend forward it straightened up I got the pain. Gp didn't know what it was. Referred back to consultant. He thought it may be inflammation of the muscle that go over pubic bone. Gave me antibiotics and naproxen. Neither helped. Went back 6 wks later and he suggested trying something for nerve damage. But that didn't help either. I'm not back to see him till end of April so I'm in limbo at mo but now my back has started to bother me like it did before my op. I'm worried it's connected. I work in a special needs school and it's caused lots of hassle at work as I'm not fulfilling my full duties and I've had to get advice from union and occupational health. I haven't had any scans which I thought they would do. If I do a lot of bending in a day I'm painedbat night and for a few days afterwards. Housework is difficult. Lots of things aggravate it due to it being that forward bending movement. I wish I could get to the bottom of it. Sorry I can't help you with you pain but just wanted you to know others suffer too.

Keep us informed on how you get on. X

• Posted

Thanks for comment, I'm still having bad time had to go a and e with pain they did nothing, had a scan can see anything now waiting to see consult to see what happening, I'm having cramps and pains left side keeping me awake as well 😭

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.