Pains

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. For a few days now, I’ve been experiencing pain on my left side in the ribs to the left middle of my stomach. It’s not constant pain it’s in and off, almost like a cramp but it’s not. It flares up for a few seconds to minutes then goes back to normal. Any ever experience this? My bowels have been normal, no pain there. I do have lower abdomen pain below my belly button every once in a while too. I haven’t really been stressing and I do have health anxiety, carcinophobia to be exact. I haven’t exactly felt “anxious”. I’ve actually been like myself sort of here lately. I was prescribed Lexapro but I barely take it. I take probably once every few days. Been on it about two weeks now. Does anyone know the pains or has experienced this? I try not to worry about it bc I don’t have any other symptoms of any kind really.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

If your bowel habits change and the pain moves about, it might be IBS.  Lower abdominal pain suggests this. Some get rib cage pain with IBS.  It could also be gastritis, if your bowels don’t change.  You may also have costochondritis which is inflammation of the rib cage and can be stress related.  Health anxiety is very common with gastritis and IBS.  I also had health anxiety with costochondritis.  

What has your doctor said about these symptoms?  Seeing your doctor and getting a firm diagnosis can really help your health anxiety.  Getting a diagnosis really helped me.  

• Posted

It’s good that your symptoms are better.  However, if you are still worried, see your doctor and you will get reassurance.
    • Posted

I do see where you are coming from with seeing the doctor for reassurance but I do not think I need to seek medical attention. I’m not experiencing any other symptoms other than that and the pain isn’t even severe most of the time.
    • Posted

I was suggesting a doctor so that your pain can be diagnosed. A diagnosis would provide reassurance.  If you are experiencing pain. you should see a doctor.
  • Posted

Hi corbin, have a look on net about Glycine ,might help never know,good luck
    • Posted

hi corbin,

have you checked glycine yet ,it was better for you to do it yourself ,than me explain on patient uk, found new one since Mastic gum ,chewing gum yep know it sounds daft but just might help , chios mastic gum from greece , idea

• Posted

I can't say exactly related your pain issue bc I don't have this kind of health issue before. confused

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.