Pains Galore

Posted , 4 users are following.

Sciatica for 8 years severe chronic middle back pains everyday left shoulder down left arm into my hand aches and then goes numb doctors answer is

co codamols 500/30

Ibrobrufens

Amitriptoline

This apparently works for some and not for others I'm currently seeing a medical Osteopath at private clinic in Edinburgh and hoping that they can do something to release nerve problems as this is what I believe it to be all round.

Anyone similer issues advice would be grateful thanks in advance.

John

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that mate.Mine is lower back and legs.The only thing I can say to you is don't have any operations.Because I thought it was painful but after they had messed about with me it's three or four times worse.Can barely walk.Had cortosone injections, Facit injections, epidurals etc.Wish I had not bothered now.I'm on gabbapentin (nerve block)9 ×300mls a day.8x tramadol and morphine. I was a class 1 lorry driver for 25 years and finished on ill health about 5 years ago.So all I would say to you is be careful which way you go.Good luck.Dean.

• Posted

Hi Johnjo,

I'm sorry to hear of your pain as I have long term experience like yourself!

I have done injections galore and acupuncture the latter helped but not for long! I have also just enrolled with a private osteopath and though it's an expense I can't really afford I've got to try anything and everything so far I've only had an initial assessment and 1 follow up so far so good and at least it's positive aches instead of excruciating debilitating PAIN!!!! 

I wish you well on your personal pain journey and if I come across anything that works for me I will let you know

Dave

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.