Pains in head and fullness and burning right ear

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I have been going my doctors for 5months with head pain and ear burning racing heart panic attacks and worrying thought but they all started because I had right sided head pain at top and ear kept saying anxiety so I started take Citalopram and 2mg diazapam 2/day my mood lifted no racing heart or bad thoughts feel a lot better mentally but my head and ear symptoms are there still I went back doctors wens given gel for neck and went back Friday told to do a diary I feel that I not taken serious and no one wants to check me proper / I told my GP it making me worry but just said do diary and could not feel anything unusual in neck can this all be anxiety as I getting very worried now I am 54years old amd can't enjoy my spelt because of this any one in similar situations xx

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Maybe see an ear doctor. When you Wake are you sleeping on your ear or a bad pillow.
  • Posted

It could definately be anxiety. That bugaboo can make one's life hell. Shortness of breath, racing heart, tense muscles, raised blood pressure, dry mouth, panic, and on and on. The ear/head thing, I don't know. I think the suggestion to see an ear doctor is a good one. Also, have you had an MRI of your head? That seems important. That's the first thing they did when I went to the emergencyroom a couple of years ago. Fortunately, it wasn't bad.

Stay with this site and let us know what the results were from ear doctor and MRI. I am really glad you are getting relief from the anxiety. People are on this site at all hours, so jump on whenever you need some input or encouragement. We care. we are all in the same boat to some degree, including me. Best of luck, Honey

• Posted

Hi thank you for your reply I had a

MRI scan in April which I paid for as GP did t think needed one it was clear / I never seen ear doc to as no one will refer me I went to walk in centre Monday and triage nurse my ears are nice and clear she checked them both but I told her they were burning and sizzling / I went GP Friday again about my head she said could be from my neck I got physio next Wednesday/ today my ear been fine and and my head not as bad put I getting a lot of prickly feelings in head face and body so another worry today I also I had a feeling my face as dropped but it as not I keep looking in mirror/ I no racing heart or sweating so worry again any advice would help xx

• Posted

Now you know your head and ear are okay, so your mind is throwing another lie at you. You did the right thing in verifying that nothing was wrong, so off it goes on another route of attack. Now that you have PROOF that your mind is lying to you, you need to take charge!!! When my mind starts on me, (many times a day) I say "OH NO YOU DON'T!!! YOU ARE ONLY A THOUGHT, SO GET LOST! (OR, SHUT UP). I immediately focus on something else, walk the dog, dance to my favorite music, cook, yoga, etc. Something physical is very helpful. I notice that most people in this forum seem to benefil most from physical activityat that point.

I'm proud of you for taking action. You needed to prove to yourself that your own mind can and will lie to you. That's a big step in having the confidence to take charge and "soldier on."

Be on the lookout for an ANXIETY counselor or therapist in case you feel you need personal help. Kudos to you..well done...yay for jackurazz

• Posted

Hello jack I'm experiencing the same anxiety symptoms as you , you are definitely not alone , mine started a few months ago . so basically I get a lot of different head feelings like burning under my scalp , tingling , sharp shooting pains in different areas , tension headaches , other types IG headaches I can't really explain they are weird , neck stiffness ,and line a tight band is around my head like a congestion feeling . it's really truly scary at times , ive never had a seizure in my life but its times where I think I'm going to have one , I pray that I never do , my doctors and neurologist said it quite unlikely , but these feelings are scary . I've seen many of doctors and had many of test to rule out anything serious like a tumor or bleeding . thus had been going on for quite a while bow but it us off and on , not steady which is important

• Posted

I never related head issues with anxiety. Thanks for the input. I wasn't heavily worried about the odd head pains as other physical stuff was worse. It's a relief to be able to tie it in with the anxiety. My next statement may sound weird. My first thought when I read your post was, "thank god it's only the anxiety." After the recent very scary bout that thought struck me as hilarious. Thanks, girl

• Posted

Your welcome lol feel free to reach out if you nerd to I'm here , we are in this together

• Posted

If you do decide to write in a diary, consider listing the foods you've eaten as well. There might be a correlation between the food and the symptoms. Perhaps an allergy popped up or just a sensitivity because your body no longer agrees with it.

Personally though, I think it's anxiety's crazy symptoms, and not a physical ailment.

• Posted

Psyched out is right. Foods are a really big deal with anxiety. Google  for foods that make anxiety worse and foods that ease anxiety. The first two you want to stop right now are caffeine and sugar in any form including soda. First day I dropped bad foods and started real food I saw a difference. After a week, I am greatly improved. No more fast food, fried goods, etc. and lots of delicious real stuff. Also, drink plenty of water.
    • Posted

I will try that I will look at what I eat and stop drinking tea as well thank you for the advice xx
  • Posted

Yes I think I do know. Here's my story. I am on anxiety meds feeling better, and a week away from my fortieth birthday I woke up and thought my head was going to burst, with pain on my left side. Well I have alway's had migrines with the pain on the right side, so I thought what the fudge is going on. Hate to say that for 8 yrs, 24 hours a day I had this. Thought I would go crazy. Wanted  god to please take me cause I couldn't take it any more. My family doc could not help me so she sent me to a  Neurologist. He tried different meds from blood pressure pills to muscle relaxers, and they didn't work. I found another  Neurologist  and he said it is tenison headache. By the way, I had MRI,Cat scan, and they thought there was a Cyst in my sinus, so  surely that was causing this  nightmare. I had surgery and guess what, didn't do anything. All this was the first Neroligist. Ok, so back to the second one. He did diagnose me tenison headache, and I always had anxiety, and was already on I think at that time Lexapro. He did not help me get rid of it either. I became my own doctor. Went back to my doctor and told her to take me off Lexapro and try something else. Went on Cymbalta 60mg and started out with 20mg of Amitriptyline. OMG it worked. Been doing this since. I am 56 now, and  I'm still doing great. Hope you don't suffer for as long as I did. I say if the meds your on are making you feel better mentally,then they need to put another one with those, and  hopefully through trial and error, the combo will do the trick. Don't sit back and take it like I did for 8 yrs. Please go immediately back to your doctor and tell them to try another med to go with what your taking. I would have taken 5 meds if that's what it took. TERRIBLE TO FEEL THAT WAY. Good luck and don't give up  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.